What if hitler had won the war with britains help

I believe I must be one of the very few people on this forum who actually lived through wwII. I was with my family at 9 years old on December 15th 1940 under the stairs of our Tinsley house when it was destroyed along with most of the street by a German sea mine dropped by parachute. This was after the city centre had been bombed the thursday night before. I was near Endcliffe Park the afternoon an American B17 bomber, badly damaged from a raid on Germany, crashed in the trees of the park, while attempting to land on the football pitch. The pilot turned away to avoid youngsters playing football, and couldn't climb away from the trees. Ten brave crewmen on the plane were killed. I could write a book on the things that happened in that war, and I'm glad to see some interest still attaches to it. But some of theories being slung around here are pure nonsense. British people were more united and willing to suffer and fight than they have ever been since. The feeling of being one with everyone was great. There were communists, including my father, but they were on our side then because Russia was fighting for their lives ( and ours ). Most of us were pleased to have the Americans on our shore, except for a few Englishmen, who were a bit upset by the girls who liked these strangers for their uniforms, money, and fun. How we managed without TV, youtube, facebook, gps etc. I'll never know.

I believe I must be one of the very few people on this forum who actually lived through wwII. I was with my family at 9 years old on December 15th 1940 under the stairs of our Tinsley house when it was destroyed along with most of the street by a German sea mine dropped by parachute. This was after the city centre had been bombed the thursday night before. I was near Endcliffe Park the afternoon an American B17 bomber, badly damaged from a raid on Germany, crashed in the trees of the park, while attempting to land on the football pitch. The pilot turned away to avoid youngsters playing football, and couldn't climb away from the trees. Ten brave crewmen on the plane were killed. I could write a book on the things that happened in that war, and I'm glad to see some interest still attaches to it. But some of theories being slung around here are pure nonsense. British people were more united and willing to suffer and fight than they have ever been since. The feeling of being one with everyone was great. There were communists, including my father, but they were on our side then because Russia was fighting for their lives ( and ours ). Most of us were pleased to have the Americans on our shore, except for a few Englishmen, who were a bit upset by the girls who liked these strangers for their uniforms, money, and fun. How we managed without TV, youtube, facebook, gps etc. I'll never know.

my dad was in or around endcliffe that day...... he went to Greystones school....

Germany could never have invaded the British isles and Hitler knew that..... That is why he stopped invading France to let us evacuate Dunkirk... he really ( so they say) was surprised we didnt join him after that.. Think he forgot that the RN was the most powerful armed force in the world at the time though ;)

As far as Hitler was concerned Britain was finished in June 1941 when he turned his attention to Russia which was always his main objective. History should have taught him much better. Four months after invading that country his losses had amounted to around 400,000 troops and his army was in trouble before the gates of Moscow.

The battle of Stalingrad was much the turning point in Hitler's fortunes. It was a battle without mercy or quarter given on either side.

Archived