Does anyone know where I can buy a gollywog

I think that's pretty much right PeteMorris, the acronym was given that benign meaning I guess to ameliorate the offence it was creating. In all my years I've never heard of a Chinese bloke living in Britain being described as a wog! ;)

Many years ago I was told that the meaning was "Western Orientated Gentleman" which would make more sense than "oriental" but doesn't change the discussion in any way.

ive got plenty of the old robertsons jam gollie badges that i rescued from mi dads house after it got cleared.

tbh i dont have any objection to the term when used in its correct form, ie:- in relation to the badges or dolls

its about context, if its used against a person in racist terms then yeah that sucks

and yes the op was trolling and it worked, its got the old race debate up and running....and people on both sides hot under the coller lol

lol just found out theres a slovenian punk band called golliwog Oo

Golliwog from Slovenia has been around since 1998, and they've been known by their unique style of fast melodic hard core with recognizable and heavy guitar sound, energetic vocals, positive message.... They've played all over the Europe and shared the stage with biggest names of the genre, such as: SNFU, Anti-Flag, Sick Of It All, Street Dogs, Dead To Me, Venerea, Shai Hulud, Red Lights Flash, Rentokill, Hladno Pivo, Kud Idijoti, Fakof Bolan

and no they dont sound racist, going on their song titles, somebody posted a video on another site for what they were listening to...........spooky

Archived