Which book would you like to see made into a film?

John

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

One of Leslie Thomas' lesser known works, 'Arrivals And Departures'.  Marvellous book that seems to be under most people's radar. Problem is it's an ensemble piece. Not sure a 2 hour film would be able to do all the characters justice.   Would have to be brutally edited - and then I'd moan 😀.

....in addition, his 'Kensington Heights'  would be a quirky little film, but I suspect snowflakes would heckle-up at the thought of a retired (wounded) soldier becoming protective of a lying homeless waif. It's a strange and sometimes uncomfortable friendship. Doesn't make for easy reading but I'd be interested how that would play out on film.

• 1 month later...

I realise Disney would make a complete Sow's Purse of it, but I wouldn't mind a movie of the Star Wars "Shadows of the Empire" book, set between the end of Empire Strikes Back and the beginning of Return of the Jedi.

Only thing is they'd have to use either archive footage or CGI of the late Carrie Fisher as Princess Leia to fit in with the timeline of the story.