New personal best on pole!

ChrisT70

had 5 double fig carp including a pb of 13lb 8oz on the pole at Clearwater this week, its fished better this week than recently. lost one even bigger fish when the forged 14 hook pulled straight!

well chuffed on the day, had nearly 100lb in 4hrs mainly big carp, avg weight was 8 1/2lb. not many f1s or bream about this time though for some reason. :D

some monster fish in there!!

i fished pellet waggler last week for a few hours pleasuring and had at least a dozen double figure fish. then had an hour on pole shallow at 12m with 6mm pellet and had loads more fish including one of 15lb which gave me a merry dance on white hydro :)

i only had 1 bream aswell and a couple of small stockies but unusual for there didnt have any monster ide!!! also fished a match on there a couple of weeks ago and the bloke in peg 1 won it with 114lb,he had 2 fish for 40lb aswell 1 at 22 and a half and 1 at 17 and half!!

crikey those are massive, i knew peg 1 was good but didnt realise they were that big. what did he get them out on?

one i lost was prob close to 20lb i estimate, i have a strong margin carp pole (beastmaster) with heavy hollow elastic, 8lb line and a forged 14, and couldnt stop it making off, it almost got to the far bank before the hook straightened, must have been 8m of laggy out in addition to the pole!

he was fishing pole down is left margins with expander pellets and he had the 22lber on an hour and 15 mins using grey hydro lol there was some proper lumps caught in the match, a bloke on peg 8 had 2 15lbers and a bloke in the 20 pegs had 2 at 17lb i had one around 12 and lost a bigger one at the net!!!

i think i might try a float rod and reel next down down edge as once they run off you have to turn them on the pole, its a battle to get them stopped on the first run from down the margins. i bet it wouldnt take an hour and 15 on the rod :-)

no wonder the specimen lads fish it!

Chuffin hell chaps some big fish there well beyond my capability if I got them on either my pole or rod I recon it would mean another trip to the tackle shop.

I had one at 7lb yesterday at Side Farm that took what sempt ages to land, mind you that was with doubled 4. The Ide were also missing there too but had a nice day with Skimmers & Crucians.

were you fishing peg 96 (i think) chris? if so..i was the bloke 2 pegs to your right.I saw the fish you had..very nice fish...did you have one that flapped back in the water before you could weigh it? looked like a 20 plus to me..i would have been gutted if that happened to me..anyway...well done on your p.b.

were you fishing peg 96 (i think) chris? if so..i was the bloke 2 pegs to your right.I saw the fish you had..very nice fish...did you have one that flapped back in the water before you could weigh it? looked like a 20 plus to me..i would have been gutted if that happened to me..anyway...well done on your p.b.

think it was 110 we were on, in the bay, the big one i lost got almost to the far side which is quite a run, could not turn its head at all.

Archived