Sheffield Academy of Performing Arts - Half price taster days!

Sheffield Academy of Performing Arts (SAPA) is a stage school with a difference. We offer expert tuition for 6 - 18 year olds in dance, singing and drama and the opportunity to join a successful casting agency to get auditions for TV, film and theatre.

The ethos of the Academy is to offer a wide and versatile education in the performing arts while having fun; improving technique and confidence and offering pupils valuable performance opportunities.

Book a half price taster day now!

SAPA is held on Sundays from 2pm till 5pm at King Edward VII Upper School in Broomhill.

If you would like further information please call 07889845013, email info@sheffieldapa.co.uk or visit http://www.sheffieldapa.co.uk.

My daughter went along for a taster day and as it was 3 hours I went off and did my own thing and came back about half an hour before the end. It was a lovely sunny day and where I parked my car was just outside one of the classes which had its windows open. I was amazed to hear the most wonderful singing - fun singing, quick words which sounded fantastic and very professional. I asked about it and apparently it was the oldest group - so well done you guys, you sounded like something out of "Fame Academy"! Anyway, the silhouettes of the dancing through the glass and the fab funky music pumping out of one of the other rooms confirmed my positive thoughts about this new academy. My daughters grin and stories of the fun games and activities of the day sealed the day. You can tell that the management and teachers are right at the heart of the performing industry and are so enthusiastic and approachable. Take advantage of their "cheaper than Stagecoach" rates while you can! :clap:

Hi Catloverlala - I'm a cat lover too! Yep, it was my first post and as we don't live that close to Sheffield, I specially went onto Sheffield Forum to set up an account so that I could put that first post on. I don't know the people there from Adam, but haven't you ever been for a meal or seen a live band, or done something where you've come away from it thinking "that was brilliant"? Luckily, nowadays there are sites like SF, TripAdvisor etc where you can put your experiences down for others to view and thus form their own opinion. If you want to take the cynical viewpoint then that's up to you, but actually I'm telling the truth. It was brilliant, the atmosphere was alive, the teachers were professional and my daughter loved it.

PS She's just been for the second week and wishes she could go every day - not just on Sunday! Sorry to sound cynical!!

Archived