Fishing on sheffield canal

Lulupinkstar

Maybe im out of touch not having been down there for some time but i thought the plumpers section and the five loch pounds where the marinas are were club waters. I hope to be corrected on this as I thought it was private fishing. Thanks for any further info.

• 1 month later...

I only got to fish the open stretches last year a few times and we caught plenty of Roach (a few decent sized ones too) and small Perch with a couple of surprise Ruffe but nothing else. Wanting to try the marinas this year see if there's anything else in there.

I only got to fish the open stretches last year a few times and we caught plenty of Roach (a few decent sized ones too) and small Perch with a couple of surprise Ruffe but nothing else. Wanting to try the marinas this year see if there's anything else in there.

some biggies in basins ;)

agree with DonWizzle, the basins seem to give a better average weight. i assume that's because you have a captive audience, so to speak.

As it's a bit cold at the moment, I would also try the long stretches but near locks and marinas (find the deeper spots). In my experience these areas can give surprising days in march!

I'll be going next Sunday, not sure exactly where, but a size 20, soft elastic, 1lb bottom and some good sport is what I'm hoping for!

Just a query. Is the canal subject to the river close season.? Silly question i know but its a long time since ive been down . Living within a couple of miles of a host of commercials has left me a little lazy and spoilt for choice but this seemingly endless bad weather has made the fishing difficult to say the least.

Just a query. Is the canal subject to the river close season.? Silly question i know but its a long time since ive been down . Living within a couple of miles of a host of commercials has left me a little lazy and spoilt for choice but this seemingly endless bad weather has made the fishing difficult to say the least.

no mate you can fish canal all year round

Archived