Question about drugs

Im talking class A like coke.

Are there any legal eagles out there who can settle a dispute?

My cousins daughter (19 years old) has recently been busted for carrying class A. She went to a party in Suffolk somewhere and was caught by the local police with about 3 1/2 gram of coke on her.

Cuz recons that because she states its percy shell get a warning or a fine at most.

I said cos of the amounts she may go to prison.

He thinks im talking rubbish.

I think hes got his head in the clouds.

Whos right?

Its a first offence by the way but again i said that wont matter.

1st offence of 5th offence she could still go down.

Am i right or am i just being a bit negative?

honestly, that sort of ammount can be seen as "with intention to supply" so there is a higher chance of her actually being convicted and locked up...

Well, according to him his daughter is now on bail and the law are going for possesion with intent to supply for that reason. The amounts.

She tells him that the copper actualy said they would like to go for personal with it being her first offence but the amounts wont allow it.

Thats what got me thinking prison.

Ive just got off the phone with him now, neither him nor her are taking this at all seriously. He even offered to wager me some cash on the outcome.

I told him i wouldnt want to profit from his daughters misery.

Well, if he's not even listening to the official word, then more fool him!! - they might be trying for intent to supply but it depends on what sort of mood the judge is in wether she gets off or not!!

But regardless, I would have thought he would be more bothered with the fact she had the stuff in the first place, if it was my kid, I would rather they be selling and not using tbh!!

Well, according to him his daughter is now on bail and the law are going for possesion with intent to supply for that reason. The amounts.

She tells him that the copper actualy said they would like to go for personal with it being her first offence but the amounts wont allow it.

Ive just got off the phone with him now, neither him nor her are taking this at all seriously. He even offered to wager me some cash on the outcome.

Sounds to me like clink. In view of the amount, it's easy for them to argue in prosecution that it couldn't possibly be for 'personal use', and there's no doubt that she was in possession of it. CPS open and shut case if you ask me!

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CCIQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fsentencingcouncil.judiciary.gov.uk%2Fdocs%2FSentencing_Council_Drugs_Offences_EasyRead_PART_2.pdf&ei=Js5JULCRGInb0QXhuoDQCA&usg=AFQjCNEd5xvxMrU-igGMymxkWkoftZavGg

he sounds like abit of an idiot imo, he doesn't even sound bothered that his daughter was carrying cocaine in the first place.

Archived