Another teacher's strike looms

No, the kids are on holiday because the school is closed for the day, cause and effect. They have just returned after the official summer break and a week later there are teachers training days.

Unless the kids go back 2 days earlier than normal to compensate for the extra training days then the days off are extra to the normal holiday.

No, the kids are on holiday, because they are getting the days that the law says they get. No more, no less.

The kids are not getting any more holiday than they should - they are getting exactly the holiday that they should.

The kids are not being given extra holiday so staff can train. Staff are LOSING their holiday, to train. The kids have a certain number of days off, the kids across the road from you went back two days earlier than the kids down the road from me, so they're getting those two days holidays next week instead.

No, the kids are on holiday because the school is closed for the day, cause and effect. They have just returned after the official summer break and a week later there are teachers training days.

Unless the kids go back 2 days earlier than normal to compensate for the extra training days then the days off are extra to the normal holiday.

Edit..Answered by Darth Vader

If the kids went back two days earlier then that is diferent

It is an historical thing. The 1988 Education Act transferred 5 days of teacher's holiday into training time. Most schools split this up and take it at random times through the school year.

It would look different if all of the days were taken at the end of the summer holiday. The summer holiday would be longer for kids though.

Sorry for the daft question but if the teachers on strike does this include collage tutors? My son has just started and will be gutted if the strike falls on 1 of the days he attends. He never had this enthusiasm in all the years he was at school.

Is he at Art Collage by any chance-if so he will be assembling some colleges,

Maybe voting should be compulsory. I get fed up at work when 23% of people want to strike and the people who couldn't be bothered to use 1 second of their day to tick a box then moan and bleat and complain.

If people can't be bothered to vote why should their opinions matter. Lazy wastoids.

Many a time I don't want to strike, but I vote and, being a democrat, I go with the will of the majority, but I'd much prefer it if everyone voted.

What do teacher do in that 6 weeks off and do they also get paid during that time?

Oh, you know... stay in bed a bit, chill, do stuff with the kids, go abroad - pretty much the same stuff everyone else does in their holiday entitlement.

Your point?

Oh, you know... stay in bed a bit, chill, do stuff with the kids, go abroad - pretty much the same stuff everyone else does in their holiday entitlement.

Your point?

My point was I wondered if they got the 6 weeks off as a paid holiday or whether that time off was also for teacher training.

Archived