Anyone know what I may be on about please?

Hi....On our renault megane 2000 1.4 car where the coil packs are in the engine..we have a plug type 'thingy' that is on the black box what houses the coil packs with a couple of wires coming off it going down into the engine..but I dont know where it goes to...this was lose, and the car has been idling badly and cutting out very frequently, someone secured this plug for me and now the car is revving and idling at over 1500 revs....can anyone offer any advice as to what this plug type thing does please..and why the car has gone from idling at less than 500 and now revs at over 1500..thanks....

Hi....On our renault megane 2000 1.4 car where the coil packs are in the engine..we have a plug type 'thingy' that is on the black box what houses the coil packs with a couple of wires coming off it going down into the engine..but I dont know where it goes to...this was lose, and the car has been idling badly and cutting out very frequently, someone secured this plug for me and now the car is revving and idling at over 1500 revs....can anyone offer any advice as to what this plug type thing does please..and why the car has gone from idling at less than 500 and now revs at over 1500..thanks....

Go to a Renault dealer and spend some money tight a*se.

The coil pack has nowt to do with idle speed. It turns the 12 volts from the battery into thousands of volts needed for the spark plugs to fire. When my fiesta started misfiring and running on 3 cylinders, changed the coil pack, leads and plugs. Never missed a beat since.

Archived