Immigration problem

Back to basics: most people in the UK descend from immigrant antecedents, if you research back far enough. So descent is surely irrelevant to the discussion at hand- as are skin pigmentation, religious affiliation, political views, etc.

It ought to be, but as I have observed previously a small but significant number of the most volubly anti immigrant voices present on the forum do belong to racisits, members of extreme far right organisations and so on.

I mention this not to accuse anyone on this thread, nor to imply that anyone who has concerns is racist. I know that that simply isn't true.

However - to try and pretend that no-one who complains about immigration is a racist is as foolish as to pretend that everyone who does is a racist.

It ought to be, but as I have observed previously a small but significant number of the most volubly anti immigrant voices present on the forum do belong to racisits, members of extreme far right organisations and so on.

I mention this not to accuse anyone on this thread, nor to imply that anyone who has concerns is racist. I know that that simply isn't true.

However - to try and pretend that no-one who complains about immigration is a racist is as foolish as to pretend that everyone who does is a racist.

So: is it possible to seek reduction in (or prohibition of) immigration without being a racist?

Back to basics: most people in the UK descend from immigrant antecedents, if you research back far enough. So descent is surely irrelevant to the discussion at hand- as are skin pigmentation, religious affiliation, political views, etc.

However, definition of terms is essential. For instance, the UK does not (currently) see entrants from the EU as 'immigrants' at least for statistical purposes. The UK is prohibited from controlling their arrival, thanks to EU edicts.

And yet some member states controlled their arrival.:)

Yes the post I quoted was a subtle way of calling the members that disagree with you racists.

LOL, this is becoming ridiculous MrSmith, we were getting somewhere..I accepted that there are immigrants here who are scroungers..my view is they shouldn't be here and I said so..I actually expanded your position. You're actually devaluing your argument by erroneously personalising the subject at hand.

Anyway, the SF search engine is your friend...have a look for all the posts where I've called other users 'racists' :)

Then why mention it. :huh: If no one is being racist why mention the word racist.

LOL, this is becoming ridiculous MrSmith, we were getting somewhere..I accepted that there are immigrants here who are scroungers..my view is they shouldn't be here and I said so..I actually expanded your position. You're actually devaluing your argument by erroneously personalising the subject at hand.

Anyway, the SF search engine is your friend...have a look for all the posts where I've called other users 'racists' :)

You do it in a very subtle way, if no one on this thread had been a racist in your opinion why even mention the word racist.

Archived