Immigration problem

The UK is prohibited from controlling their arrival, thanks to EU edicts.

The UK controls everyone's arrival. It's called passport control. You try getting in without a passport. EU nationals are free to come and live here just as we're free to go and live in any EU country. For example Nigel Farage's wife is German.

You do it in a very subtle way, if no one on this thread had been a racist in your opinion why even mention the word racist.

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

So subtle in fact that certain posters can conjure meaning from something that hasn't actually been said or inferred.

Anyway, you started off on a good leg and you're one of the posters here who I generally disagree with but can engage in some decent dialogue with, but this obsession with making this claim has become tedious.

You see if I believed someone was behaving in a racist way and highlighting it improved the debate, you can imagine I wouldn't be reluctant in telling them so and I'd be even less concerned about the claims that you make.

EU nationals are free to come and live here just as we're free to go and live in any EU country. For example Nigel Farage's wife is German.

Yes, although that was not my point.

And Mr Farage's party does not discriminate against Europeans, anyway- only their role in the UK's independent governance.

Pretending that people who come here from Europe to settle are not immigrants is akin to burying ones head in the sand.

What do you think to foreign students coming to study here with no intention of settling being described as immigrants?

But you see the argument is a 3 dimensional one, the point I was addressing wasn't about numbers, it was about revenue and another poster whining about how much income immigrants send out of the country.

Well it doesn't take too much cognitive thinking to believe that your average Brit working abroad and sending money home isn't likely to be screwing carrot tops in some farmers field, they're likely to be semi skilled or more likely highly skilled, so the revenues being sent home to their families are likely to be far higher than say a Pole doing the same thing.

To be honest, I'm only sticking my finger in the air and doing some guessing but the fact remains you can't look at what Poles are sending home without an appreciation or acceptance that Brits working abroad do the exact same thing...it isn't a hanging offence, however as usual posters with a grievous agenda are unable to participate in a proper discussion about the salient points (I'm not referring to you btw), but I'm afraid I'm not going to join in the "I 'ate immigrunts", kind of dialogue just because it's a popular political football to stick up ones jumper and play with.

Hating immigrants (racism) was brought up in the quoted post. Nobody has ever suggested that they are racist before or after that post as far as I can see. :huh::huh:

Archived