Immigration problem

Hating immigrants (racism) was brought up in the quoted post. Nobody has ever suggested that they are racist before or after that post as far as I can see. :huh::huh:

..and still I don't see where I've described anyone as being a 'racist', nor have I claimed people who hate immigrants are, you can paraphrase it all you like but it's entirely in your imagination.

didn't a major university recently have their licence to teach foreign students revoked because it was basically being used as a back door to circumvent immigration rules?

That would be London Metropolitan University.....the first of many.:)

Hating immigrants (racism) was brought up in the quoted post. Nobody has ever suggested that they are racist before or after that post as far as I can see. :huh::huh:

Thank you for saving me the trouble, it does get a tad tedious having to look back and point out what people have said.:thumbsup:

Are you a simpleton or something, foreign students are classified as immigrants, which is the subject matter of the thread.

Immigrant a person who comes to live permanently in a foreign country, so by definition they are not.

They are foreign students and for the most part are welcome, as are foreign tourists, they are only a temporary blip on the number of people living in the UK.

Ok, but I think it confirms the original point that the host country, 'loses' revenue because ex pats are sending money, in one form or another back to their native countries.
Considering the types of jobs and rates of pay held by very many temporary economic immigrants, and the corresponding amounts involved (once you have taken out the not-so-insignificant cost of sustaining yourself in this country, however meagre an existence one may put up with), all that positively pales into insignificance (a drop in the ocean springs to mind), relative to the amount of money 'lost' to foreign suppliers by British businesses day-in, day-out.

I'd bet good money that Brits holidaying abroad 'lose' as much travel/holiday spending money in foreign countries, if not more!

It's a non-argument.

EDIT - anyway, to get back to an earlier post (just before esme's rap on the tale :D), the thread is not about 'bad' immigrants at all. It posits that 'good' (i.e. long term, contributing) immigrants are welcome to stay, and is on about extraditing chavs...most of whom are home-grown, last time I checked the 'definition' (ho-hum) ;)

Immigrant a person who comes to live permanently in a foreign country, so by definition they are not.

Well whatever the 'definition' they're included in the government immigration statistics, so depending on the way you look at it they contribute to or ameliorate the 'problem', because they form part of the numbers which constitute 'immigrants'.

Archived