Immigration problem

Considering the types of jobs and rates of pay held by very many temporary economic immigrants, and the corresponding amounts involved (once you have taken out the not-so-insignificant cost of sustaining yourself in this country, however meagre an existence one may put up with), all that positively pales into insignificance (a drop in the ocean springs to mind), relative to the amount of money 'lost' to foreign suppliers by British businesses day-in, day-out.

I'd bet good money that Brits holidaying abroad 'lose' as much travel/holiday spending money in foreign countries, if not more!

It's a non-argument.

Thanks L00b, that's more or less the point Ive been hamfistedly trying to make since others were complaining about the revenues that East Europeans send back to their native countries.

EDIT - anyway, to get back to an earlier post (just before esme's rap on the tale :D), the thread is not about 'bad' immigrants at all. It posits that 'good' (i.e. long term, contributing) immigrants are welcome to stay, and is on about extraditing chavs...most of whom are home-grown, last time I checked the 'definition' (ho-hum) ;)

:hihi:

Well whatever the 'definition' they're included in the government immigration statistics, so depending on the way you look at it they contribute to or ameliorate the 'problem', because they form part of the numbers which constitute 'immigrants'.

But they aren't included in the ones that stay and increase the population permanently, students tend to leave when they have finished studying.

It ought to be, but as I have observed previously a small but significant number of the most volubly anti immigrant voices present on the forum do belong to racisits, members of extreme far right organisations and so on.

I mention this not to accuse anyone on this thread, nor to imply that anyone who has concerns is racist. I know that that simply isn't true.

However - to try and pretend that no-one who complains about immigration is a racist is as foolish as to pretend that everyone who does is a racist.

And this you know as a fact,I have concerns about immigration ,I dont consider myself racist or belong to any organisation ,except the R.A.C,is that the right wing organisation you mean ?

But they aren't included in the ones that stay and increase the population permanently, students tend to leave when they have finished studying.

However their numbers are permanently recycling and increasing as universities realise what a lucrative source of income they are and encourage them to come here.

However their numbers are permanently recycling and increasing as universities realise what a lucrative source of income they are and encourage them to come here.

Yes and has one group arrives another group leaves thereby not increasing the population.

And this you know as a fact,I have concerns about immigration ,I dont consider myself racist or belong to any organisation ,except the R.A.C,is that the right wing organisation you mean ?

Yes, that's correct. I could (but of course I won't as it would contravene the rules of the Forum) name a number of individuals from with a right wing hate organisation who definitely have (and perhaps still do) post on the Forum.

For the record Glamrocker, I've never really had you down as a true extremist - more just really old fashioned, deeply conservative and a tad xenophobic.

..and as I said, the numbers of foreign students is increasing since it's such a profitable source of income to the universities.

But not by 250,000 per years and they haven't increased the UK population by 3,000,000 over the past decade.

You appear to be finding this difficult to grasp, students are not the cause of population growth, but permanent immigrants looking for work are. We don’t have enough jobs for the British let alone everyone else, but if we have the capacity in universities for more students than Britain can supply then there is nothing wrong with filling those places with foreign students providing they leave at the end of their studying.

Projections forecast that within a generation, immigration will add the equivalent of a city the size of London to the population, where should we build this new city?

People on here often moan about immigrants. One of the most logical arguments against immigration is lack of space, which is understandable. So the solution should be simple. We have a lot of immigrants comming to this country from war torn parts working hard paying taxes etc and we have lots of chavs in this country banging out kids and causing trouble.

The solution is simple accept the hard working imigrants and deport the chavs. We will then have a nice and pleasant country of people wanting to make a decent life for themselves.

If it wasnt for all the immigrants,there will be enough jobs for the chavs.

Archived