Immigration problem

just checked houses in bulgaria...£12,000 would get you a decent bungalow..the village has a pub and post office...so you could draw your dole and head for the boozer....about time the brits had the chance of having a nice little earner....and the weather is nice...and the natives are friendly now their low-life are over here...

I think I might pack work in and retire to Bulgaria, population density only 69 compared to 405 in the UK. :wave:

I think I might pack work in and retire to Bulgaria, population density only 69 compared to 405 in the UK. :wave:

It would be better to say that the UK has 1 acre per person, and that Bulgaria has some 3.7 acres of land per person.

What do you want land for? Do you grow food for a living? Are you efficient at it? Better than others?

just checked houses in bulgaria...£12,000 would get you a decent bungalow..the village has a pub and post office...so you could draw your dole and head for the boozer....about time the brits had the chance of having a nice little earner....and the weather is nice...and the natives are friendly now their low-life are over here...

Have you noticed how all of the so called "low-life" from Arbourthorne have moved to richer countries like Norway and posher parts of Sheffield for work, so that they can play wage arbitrage and send money home to Arbourthorne and build/buy a mansion.

What makes you think European migrants to the UK are what you believe to be the worst their countries have to offer?

Did you check wages in Bulgaria? Did you check the benefit system? How are you going to claim UK dole and live permanently in Bulgaria. I don't think you have fully thought this through.

And how many Brits have lost out buying property in Bulgaria, Spain, and even the UK!

They may be seeking asylum because as gypsies they are persecuted in their home country. Asylum seekers get some level of support whilst their case is being investigated. As ordinary EU migrants, they'd get nothing if they don't work. Contrary to some people's belief, a European national can't just arrive in the UK and claim benefits.
- Aye, we do seem to treat asylum seekers better than Europeans! We in fact give them council housing on the sly via UKBA contracts, a council house is redesignated as per UKBA contract. If granted asylum, the house is then reverted to council tenancy.

-This is not fair. I'm not saying it is wrong, but with waiting lists as high as ours, we need to BUILD BUILD BUILD and then build some more, so that we can accommodate first and foremost our own, and those that we welcome.

If a friend of a friend comes to mine, he is welcome to stay and be fed and if he wishes to drink, smoke, he is welcome to. But he will have to sleep on the 2nd sofa or blow up mattress. If he is to stay for a while he must contribute to the food bill and tidying up. If my wider family were homeless, then they would get my bed, I would get the sofa and me new friend would be on the carpet.

The lack of housing for the amount of people to be housed is the problem.

The solution is not to increase population and give housing unto new groups that people do not identify with, that is a recipe for disaster, it drives conflict. It is no doubt whilst people are so quick to blame immigrants are who trying to escape their own virtual prisons, which can often be worse than ours, (the British one being poor housing).

This is from the Shelter website:http://england.shelter.org.uk/get_advice/homelessness/eu_and_eea_nationals/eligibility_for_housing_and_benefits#0

All EEA/EU nationals have an automatic right to live in the UK for three months after their arrival.

If you are not working during these three months, you will not be eligible to:

• apply to go on the council's waiting list for social housing
  • get help from the council if you become homeless
  • claim social security benefits.

Register self employed, declare £1 income. Full entitlement to HB, CTB, WTC etc. etc.

Widely used loophole. Why do you think the number of self employed people is increasing?

That is just one of the reasons - others are direct subsidy in the form of NEA (renamed policy brought in by Thatcher and carried on under Labour), another is the lack of wage labour in the market.

Yes they can and do.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAndBenefits/BenefitsTaxCreditsAndOtherSupport/BeginnersGuideToBenefits/DG_10035686

Claiming benefits in Europe

You may be able to get benefits and other financial support if any of the following apply:

you've lived, worked or studied (a recognised career qualification) in an EEA country

370,000 migrants on the dole

More than 370,000 migrants who were admitted to Britain to work, study or go on holiday are now claiming out-of-work benefits, according to official figures compiled for the first time.

It says 'may' get benefits, and talks about people who came here to work or study who now claim. What it doesn't make clear is that people have to work or study in the same EEA country where they are claiming benefits. Not study in France and claim in Italy. And, the family being discussed by the OP did not come here to work or study, they just came and then claimed asylum, which may/may not be successful.

I'm not saying I agree with all aspects of immigration, but I do try to understand the different categories and why some can get support but others can't. Where children are involved, I think we need to show humanity.

are you a builder chem? if not why do you think you can buils a house?

I've done odd bits of building work, still trying to broaden my skills.

At the end of the day it isn't rocket science - I'm not saying it is as easy as pie either, but neither is that rocket science - and rockets are pretty simple devices on the whole. The majority of people could build their own house, access to materials and land is the main problem. The monopolies. Build their own rockets too like.

My granddad was a builder, and his dad was a builder too. It's in my blood, many of the houses and other structures they built are in Sheffield and the surrounding area... I've friends that work in the trade, and when I say work - I mean that they are fully capable but often in-between jobs or fully unemployed due to the lack of work, and not for a lack of need or even desire to build housing - they want to work!

I'd gladly get into building, feel increasingly compelled to do so, ideally research science for the long term though. Only so much building you need to do like. Unless you want to start building grand buildings again.

It says 'may' get benefits, and talks about people who came here to work or study who now claim. What it doesn't make clear is that people have to work or study in the same EEA country where they are claiming benefits. Not study in France and claim in Italy. And, the family being discussed by the OP did not come here to work or study, they just came and then claimed asylum, which may/may not be successful.

I'm not saying I agree with all aspects of immigration, but I do try to understand the different categories and why some can get support but others can't. Where children are involved, I think we need to show humanity.

It’s says may because you aren’t guaranteed to get benefits, for instance if they have 16 grand they won’t get any because the benefits they can claim are means tested just the same as the rest of us. They are entitled to the same as the British when they get here, we are entitled to what they can claim if we go there, although the other link I posted suggests we can claim the British rate if we go there.

we need to show Englishness..... that is support for the right people ;)

But many of us aren't English, even though we are British our roots may not have started in England. My OH's family all live in Scotland, but his ancestry is English and Irish. Mine is mainly Scots, but I've lived in England for 2/3 of my life. There are lots of us who have contributed in one way or another to the UK economy, regardless of where we, or our parents came from.

I think we need to support those who need it most. Starting with young children.

Archived