Immigration problem

Yes Polish people come here legally to work and have been doing so for years and most of them are decent hard working people who have good English speaking skills and fit in with our way of life and contribute to our country,not hanging under a truck from France claiming asylum or gaining entry on some false papers.

Off topic - who is in your avatar? please.

(Think I might have asked before - but I forget)

Some do, but many have earned the right to sign on because of the taxes they have paid,
As have most immigrants who sign on.

some are just scroungers that will never do a day’s work in their life,

As are some immigrants, who shouldn't be here in the first place in my opinion, unless they're being supported independently.

I don't blame them for exploiting the system, I blame the government for using a system that is easy to exploit.

It's not that easy to exploit and becoming less and less so.

I said in my post that I was 'guessing', but surely you're not going to claim that Brits working abroad don't send money back to the UK?
It's entirely empirical of course (so still at the guessing stage I suppose), but most French people I know who work abroad (UK and elsewhere), don't send money back to France.

Too afraid of the French taxman and his ways. With good reason. I haven't sent a penny back in 10+ years.

It's entirely empirical of course (so still at the guessing stage I suppose), but most French people I know who work abroad (UK and elsewhere), don't send money back to France.
Thanks for your observations L00b, but I think we were really referring to foreign workers abroad who have dependent families back home.

Too afraid of the French taxman and his ways. With good reason. I haven't sent a penny back in 10+ years.

I'm guessing you're not responsible for your France resident relatives?

I can think of ex pat friends who work abroad in the oil/gas/finance industries who maintain fairly lavish UK lifestyles with property, and children at university and private schools.

As have most immigrants who sign on.
As have many, I doubt you know most so you can't realy know that.

As are some immigrants, who shouldn't be here in the first place in my opinion, unless they're being supported independently.

I disagree; they are still contributing to over population.

It's not that easy to exploit and becoming less and less so.

It’s very easy to exploit, I know several families that exploit it generation after generation, benefits is their families way of life.

As have many, I doubt you know most so you can't realy know that.
But what I do know are the terms under which (legal) immigrants enter this country.

I disagree; they are still contributing to over population.

Sorry but I'm never going to say to a UK citizen who falls in love and marries an Australian that they cannot be united with their spouse in Britain.

It’s very easy to exploit, I know several families that exploit it generation after generation, benefits is their families way of life.

Sorry, I though we were talking about immigrants here?

Thanks for your observations L00b, but I think we were really referring to foreign workers abroad who have dependent families back home.

I'm guessing you're not responsible for your France resident relatives?

The answer relates to both points - of those I know who have dependent (elderly) relatives, they still don't send money back to France (as such). They send money...erm...'elsewhere' (if at all), and it gets accessed there from France. Usually in cash form.

To make a long story short, transactions and amounts are not traceable to the UK or French treasury, if one was minded to try and get any stats for the purpose/sake of the argument at hand.

That money will of course eventually 'resurface' into the [French] 'system' as the money in spent in shops, etc.

And is, incidentally, exactly the method I would use if I had to support relatives in France.

But what I do know are the terms under which (legal) immigrants enter this country.
Me too, not sure why that would give you the knowledge to know that most have contributed before claiming.

Sorry but I'm never going to say to a UK citizen who falls in love and marries an Australian that they cannot be united with their spouse in Britain.
Neither would I but unfortunately this is exploited far too often.

Sorry, I though we were talking about immigrants here?

Immigration is one of the causes of overpopulation, the thing is you always appear to assume that people opposed to immigration are opposed to it because they are a racist which is not the case; I am opposed to it because it contributes to overpopulation.

For far too long the politically correct and people with agendas have branded people who think that England has too many foreigners as racist. They are NOT racist , they are merely looking at the logistics of housing, employing and feeding masses of extra people. I think that there are far too many foreigners in England but am certainly NOT racist and do not hate foreigners.

If I ordered food in a restaurant and was served with more potatoes than I could eat, I could claim that there were too many potatoes on my plate. It would not mean that I hate potatoes .:cool:

Someone is going to accuse me of spud bashing soon....I just know it!

For far too long the politically correct and people with agendas have branded people who think that England has too many foreigners as racist. They are NOT racist , they are merely looking at the logistics of housing, employing and feeding masses of extra people. I think that there are far too many foreigners in England but am certainly NOT racist and do not hate foreigners.

Some of the people who make the most nose about foreigners and immigration actually are racists who hate foreigners though.

Archived