Immigration problem

I think people who put forward a coherent argument, based on facts and an objective assessment of immigration will be debated with accordingly. If someone's dislike of immigration is purely because they dislike dark faces, that's entirely a matter for them, but by definition they are racists, I don't know why appending such a description to them is like hurling a lump of Kryptonite at Superman, they should at least have the courage of their convictions.

You really have a problem. Your problem is that you wish to dismiss everyone who has genuine concerns about immigration as racists. They are VERY NOT! The times when shutting people up by branding them as racists for their fears and concerns are in the past. The problem of mass immigration is becoming increasingly serious.

Youre pontificating again the OP is about immigration problems there may be good immigrants no one is denying that but the thread is not about them is it

I was responding directly to your post, and I didn't realise you weren't here to pontificate.

Back to basics: most people in the UK descend from immigrant antecedents, if you research back far enough. So descent is surely irrelevant to the discussion at hand- as are skin pigmentation, religious affiliation, political views, etc.

However, definition of terms is essential. For instance, the UK does not (currently) see entrants from the EU as 'immigrants' at least for statistical purposes. The UK is prohibited from controlling their arrival, thanks to EU edicts.

However, definition of terms is essential. For instance, the UK does not (currently) see entrants from the EU as 'immigrants' at least for statistical purposes. The UK is prohibited from controlling their arrival, thanks to EU edicts.

That's a good point, I might add that foreign students are included in the definition and they bring billions of revenue into the UK every year, but they're only temporary residents and I suspect there may be a political agenda to their inclusion ;)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-18591768

You really have a problem. Your problem is that you wish to dismiss everyone who has genuine concerns about immigration as racists. They are VERY NOT! The times when shutting people up by branding them as racists for their fears and concerns are in the past. The problem of mass immigration is becoming increasingly serious.
I thought all European members of the EU had free and unencumbered access to work and residence in the UK. Am I wrong in thinking this? I can remember returning to Heathrow after 8 years in Canada with my Canadian passport, being shuttled into a line of ex pats from Canada and Australia which also included Americans, while arrivals from the Continent walked right in. My passport was then stamped " may stay only six months, and may not work ". Most of the Commonwealth citizens were a bit appalled because we believed we were still British citizens. I soon got over it, because emigration was good for me, and I was no longer an immigrant, but a citizen of another country by choice, and had been made welcome by my new land. So my empathy is with any immigrant who works hard, and contributes through his taxes and the value of the service he gives to his new land.

Back to basics: most people in the UK descend from immigrant antecedents, if you research back far enough. So descent is surely irrelevant to the discussion at hand- as are skin pigmentation, religious affiliation, political views, etc.

That would be most people on the planet because humans originated in Africa.

That's fine but what you've read doesn't confirm what you say, because I'm very careful when using that kind language because it's irrelevant and doesn't enlighten the debate.

As I said evidence that counters your statement is in the very post of mine that you quoted.

Yes the post I quoted was a subtle way of calling the members that disagree with you racists.

Archived