Woodhouse Village 1940's thru to the 60's/70's - don't let the history die

Linnet

Stuarts wife, you can find Stuart on facebook also just checked and Linda is on, it says she went to school in Milton Keynes I didn't know that.

If its the same Linda my wife went St Pauls school with she lives just off Eastbank Rd

• 1 month later...
Lived in the village from 52-74 and went to Woodhouse West School. Remember all the old shops. Father was manager of McKennings (general store) which was just off the junction between Sheffield Road and Stradbroke Road.

I remember McKennings very well I think that was the shop that sold draught beer? you just took your empty pop bottle to have it filled ( did this every Sunday lunch for my uncle) happy days:):):)

I remember McKennings very well I think that was the shop that sold draught beer? you just took your empty pop bottle to have it filled ( did this every Sunday lunch for my uncle) happy days:):):)

Glad to have been of service - I probably served you as I use to help out when things got hectic. I certainly remeber the sherry on tap!

Yes, you are correct. I remember Mrs Hill living near to the Lambert family. The other Lambert family lived on Mauncer Lane in the circle. I married Mick Lambert. I think Mrs Hill's daughter Betty, used to play with Brenda Lambert my husband's older sister.