Stoptober smoking campaign. Will you stop?

My wife stopped as it was unhealthy and getting expensive. Shes quit 7 years now. However I wouldnt stop something because the government told me to. People dont exactly trust this government so are more likely to do the opposite.

I remember an advert the government did a while back about know your numbers for alcohol consumption. It was designed to reduce drinking. However while me and the OH were watching it seeing the crisp pint with the frothy number and the crisp glass of wine. We ended up wanting a beer and going to the pub :). So the government campaings are not really that good.

Maybe the ad was paid for by the brewing industry which would make it a very clever reverse psychology advertisemment.

My wife stopped as it was unhealthy and getting expensive. Shes quit 7 years now. However I wouldnt stop something because the government told me to. People dont exactly trust this government so are more likely to do the opposite.

I remember an advert the government did a while back about know your numbers for alcohol consumption. It was designed to reduce drinking. However while me and the OH were watching it seeing the crisp pint with the frothy number and the crisp glass of wine. We ended up wanting a beer and going to the pub :). So the government campaings are not really that good.

Do you really have to trust the government (or anyone else) when they tell you smoking is bad? Deep down you suspect it's a big lie and smoking is really good for you, I hope not.

Do you really have to trust the government (or anyone else) when they tell you smoking is bad? Deep down you suspect it's a big lie and smoking is really good for you, I hope not.

Oh I agree its a killer but the point I'm making is that inorder to promote this we need someone with credibility. The government has none.

Oh I agree its a killer but the point I'm making is that inorder to promote this we need someone with credibility. The government has none.

I kinda know what your saying, at the same time though the gov could be quite happy having the hugh amount of money coming from the tax of cigs, yet they would sooner have everyone in Britian off them, that tells me they are concerend for long term health and the cost to the NHS.

Does anyone who has a child the house need someone with credibility to tell them to stop.

Typical idiot Labour voter mentality!

No its just protesting about the government lecturing us on how to live our lives. Actually Labour were worse than the tories with this.

I've lost track of the amount of cancer causing things there are out there. Everytime I pick up a newspaper something new causes cancer. Labour were even at one point trying to stop people smacking children.

People who smoke die......people who do not smoke die. ;)

Archived