People who walk 7 abreast and expect you to move!

AWOL

Slightly off topic but the single most annoying thing is when car drivers park on the pavement. If you're pushing a pram it means you need to (dangerously) negotiate the car by going onto (an often busy) road to get around it.

If they've left a gap that looks like the pram might just squeeze by (not including wing mirror) I have to admit that I've often just barged my way through the gap between the car the fence/wall/whatever using the pram as a battering ram. Yes, it's probably criminal damage, no I don't care.

Slightly off topic but the single most annoying thing is when car drivers park on the pavement. If you're pushing a pram it means you need to (dangerously) negotiate the car by going onto (an often busy) road to get around it.

If they've left a gap that looks like the pram might just squeeze by (not including wing mirror) I have to admit that I've often just barged my way through the gap between the car the fence/wall/whatever using the pram as a battering ram. Yes, it's probably criminal damage, no I don't care.

No, you do right. Cars parked on footpaths are in the wrong- like you say, pram users (and wheelchair users etc), often have to go onto the road, which puts their life at risk.

Additionally, when you try to squeeze through with the pram, you perform a usefull social function, as, the car could well be scratched in the process, which will encourage the driver to park properly in future.

It is criminal damage, and you will get caught! big fine plus you will have to pay for a respray, and get a criminal record.

It is criminal damage, and you will get caught! big fine plus you will have to pay for a respray, and get a criminal record.

You need commiting. If a driver parks obstructing the pavement & pram or wheelchair scratches it trying to squeeze through, then it is entirely the drivers fault. If he/she were to call the rozzers, he/she would likely get a parking offence ticket to go with the respray he/she has got to pay out for.

That's a novel way to get run over.:(

Well it would be if I didn't take the precaution to look before making the manoeuvre. I've never suffered standing frozen on the spot while my body goes into a traumatic state because i'm being approached by a pram. Easier for me to make the manoeuvre than a parent with a pram.

You need commiting. If a driver parks obstructing the pavement & pram or wheelchair scratches it trying to squeeze through, then it is entirely the drivers fault. If he/she were to call the rozzers, he/she would likely get a parking offence ticket to go with the respray he/she has got to pay out for.

No, it's called criminal damage and if you got caught then the owner would be making you pay for the respray. Two wrongs do not make a right and the cost of a respray will far outweigh that of a parking ticket.

Archived