Ever wonder what life will be in years to come

klbt

I often ponder the future.

I think it's likely my generation will experience a major economic/resource based catastrophe and a resulting major shift in how economies are run. Some have speculatively called this "post-capitalism", the demand for a more sustainable economic system.

Hopefully this shift can occur without need for an awakening catastrophe, but history shows us that new orders typically arise out of the chaos of the old ones.

I also like to think of all the positive advancements in medicine and technology... but it's a double edged sword. Technocracy may be our new dystopia.

Alot of our money we make comes from technology, without that we would be back in dark ages

Yes I know that. I wasn't calling for the destruction of all technology, I was saying the path we're on, technology is a double edged sword. Any negative speculation is more to do with who might control that technology and for what purposes it could be used.

I thought it said that life as we know it would end,not the world would come to a end, but maybe I got it wrong, not that I think anything will happen anyway (I hope :gulp:):hihi:

Never mind what the Mayans said or didn't say - the reality is that humanity is headed for really serious (as in seriously reducing our population or us becoming extinct)grief sooner rather than later, if we don't start making really fundamental changes in the way we live.

Archived