Why do you believe in God or a creator ?

Me too because sarcasm will never be Godly quality and secondly you never read them books

To me your transparent my case rested

Hiya borderline. I'm not being sarcastic. I posed a question earlier and your posts have confirmed the point I was making. Simple as that, I'm afraid.

As to the reading of those books, whilst a student of this school, I read pretty much the whole of the bible (I know the Gospel According to Mark pretty much off by heart). I'm not in any way inclined to revisit it, though, as I consider it to be a load of old mumbo jumbo.

Not sure if this makes me more or less "transparent" but I do know that your posts continue to reinforce my point.

NB. The opinions expressed in this post do not, necessarily, reflect those of every member of the band Jack's Rake.

Why, who wrote them, when and with what agenda?

Unfortunate turn of phrase there :D

A historical Jesus probably did exist....whether his body is brought back into being every Sunday by a load of people gibbering some Latin over a wafer is an entirely different prospect and tends to distance logical, sensible people from that whole "religion" malarcky.

After all, if religious people can believe in something so way out, so supernatural and so beyond reality, is there any point in regarding them as anything other than mentally ill, or deluded at best?

Thanks for that, Taxman, because you've hit the nail on the head as to why I find it nigh on impossible to take any religious person seriously. The fact that they are unable to convince me otherwise by addressing any of the flaws in these beliefs, preferring, invariably, to dodge the issue makes me less able to empathise with their preposterously primitive position.

This post does not reflect etc. (see above)

After all, if religious people can believe in something so way out, so supernatural and so beyond reality, is there any point in regarding them as anything other than mentally ill, or deluded at best?

Everyone is entitled to an opinion,but is it any wonder why people on this forum don't wish to take part in a thread that has people passing comments like that one.

Why, who wrote them, when and with what agenda?

Unfortunate turn of phrase there :D

A historical Jesus probably did exist....whether his body is brought back into being every Sunday by a load of people gibbering some Latin over a wafer is an entirely different prospect and tends to distance logical, sensible people from that whole "religion" malarcky.

So we have something to go on in a historical Jesus, I have a lot of sympathy with your views on organised churches from very early on its has been used and corrupted as predicted it would be. I don't believe in abandonment of reason I would call most of what happens as malarcky

The whole message of the bible is it is only a few will understand it's.message and God's plan and purpose

First that takes a commitment,an. Undertaking few are willing to search again this is the way bible tells us it will be

Everyone is entitled to an opinion,but is it any wonder why people on this forum don't wish to take part in a thread that has people passing comments like that one.

Address it then, janie. Don't just criticise the post, show us why his opinion is wrong.

Why's that then?

If you don't wish to find God your heart will already be hardened, there is always a way back

The bible answer all these questions

God wants to reward. That asks many other questions. If you want to find out where do you go?

Maybe in your heart you have made a start and set off on that road

The simple reply to say religious people avoid questions but it's God's wisdom that see into peoples hearts, seek and ye shall find

Address it then' date=' janie. Don't just criticise the post, show us why his opinion is wrong.[/quote']

I have no wish to address such an opinion,if people choose to believe that anyone who has a belief in God is mentally ill and deluded then as far as i'm concerned its a closed topic,and they're can be nothing to discuss with someone who holds such a closed minded view of so many people.

I have no wish to address such an opinion,if people choose to believe that anyone who has a belief in God is mentally ill and deluded then as far as i'm concerned its a closed topic,and they're can be nothing to discuss with someone who holds such a closed minded view of so many people.

Is it not a closed minded view when looking at logic and reason someone would still believe in a god with absolutely no proof at all?

Why would a god wait 14 billion years to create man?

If he was all powerful why would he have to wait for planets to form.

Why out of the hundreds of billions of galaxies with hundreds of trillions of planets would he choose a tiny little planet called earth.

You only have to look at the Hubble deep field picture.Possibly the most amazing picture ever taken to see how much is out there.

Also who created god?

Archived