Why do you believe in God or a creator ?

If you are wrong, which I think you are, then you are indeed deluded.

This is not an insult, as it is often taken to be, but merely a matter of fact.

We are all deluded about many things, and when we are we obviously don't consider ourselves deluded. We are of course then deluded about not being deluded.

With this in mind, and knowing my own limitations, I think it is safest to live one's life with the words of Hume in my signature below.

:)

Your post sounds very much like the lines from the Vicar of Dibley where Alice is puzzled .... "You know the I can't believe it's not butter advert?....Well, I can't believe they they don't believe that we don't believe....etc...etc..:hihi:

Indeed, but some people believe that it actually turns into the flesh of a dead man when you swallow it. That's the nutty bit.

Only if it turns into Snickers.

I don't see eating a piece of bread as specifically silly. No sillier than any other part of worship. It's theatre to a degree. I went to a Christian school, a methodist school. I remember drinking holy Ribena. ;)

We may have gone to the same school.

If you are wrong, which I think you are, then you are indeed deluded.

This is not an insult, as it is often taken to be, but merely a matter of fact.

We are all deluded about many things, and when we are we obviously don't consider ourselves deluded. We are of course then deluded about not being deluded.

With this in mind, and knowing my own limitations, I think it is safest to live one's life with the words of Hume in my signature below.

:)

I am going to spend a weekend at Lindersfarne soon,where i hope to spend some reflection time in solitude on the Holy Island,if my friend doesn't mind.

Hopefully i will return even more delusional!

Look forward to some pious preaching on my return.;)

Everyone is entitled to an opinion,but is it any wonder why people on this forum don't wish to take part in a thread that has people passing comments like that one.

Christians have been passing comments like that about atheists for a good few hundred years though - about those godless hence immoral atheists, those atheists not to be trusted etc...

Sauce for the goose etc.

Not a sermon at all. Just some relevant questions. I notice you don't even attempt to answer them?

Christians have been passing comments like that about atheists for a good few hundred years though - about those godless hence immoral atheists, those atheists not to be trusted etc...

Sauce for the goose etc.

I didn't come on here to answer those kind of questions,i posted to show my objection to a posters comment.I've attemted to answer the post you refer to on other threads to people with similiar questions.I don't intend to keep repeating myself like a parrot.

Unlike some i don't profess to have all the answers do you?? and I view atheists in the same way i view other Christians,some have principles i admire some don't. Some are characters i admire,some arn't.

"Sauce for the goose" etc.

why do that?????? you people take it upon yourselves to bang upon our doors, walk along our streets every day, TRYING to get your so called messages across.

Have a bit of compassion,my feet are constantly swollen from walking the streets,i'm often mistaken for someone of a questionable profession,and apart from the shady characters i witness lurking about on street corners,i have to endure most objectionable remarks from some of those whose doors i bang on.

And lately i don't seem to be having much luck at getting the messages across.

Have a bit of compassion,my feet are constantly swollen from walking the streets,i'm often mistaken for someone of a questionable profession,and apart from the shady characters i witness lurking about on street corners,i have to endure most objectionable remarks from some of those whose doors i bang on.

And lately i don't seem to be having much luck at getting the messages across.

I thought you worked in a pub :hihi:

Now that really is a questionable profession imo ;)

Archived