Why do you believe in God or a creator ?

Which god are you taiking about there are a lot off them depends what your religion is.

Indeed. The op will feel pretty stupid when they die and are greeted by Zeus and not st Peter. Who said the Greeks weren't right ?

I believe in something I suppose, I don't trust those who work for god. You know when people say god talks to them, what does he sound like ? I like to think he sounds a bit like Morgan freeman or maybe James earl jones. Anyone shed any light on that one ?

Indeed. The op will feel pretty stupid when they die and are greeted by Zeus and not st Peter. Who said the Greeks weren't right ?

I believe in something I suppose, I don't trust those who work for god. You know when people say god talks to them, what does he sound like ? I like to think he sounds a bit like Morgan freeman or maybe James earl jones. Anyone shed any light on that one ?

A bit better then sounding like Larry Grayson or Joe Pasquale! :hihi:

You might have a long wait!...Oh unless another JW stumbles upon this thread, but then it wouldn't be any different from one of your meetings in Kingdom hall would it?

I didnt think they HAD meetings, I more or less assumed that they were constantly out and about knocking on peoples doors at inconveniant times. Or are they just targeting me?

If the JW's only believe in the old testament that more or less rules out st peter as their particular gatekeeper so who IS the JW gatekeeper?

we see micro evolution all around us but macro evolution is an unproven theory based on micro evolution

I've never understood why creationists get so hung up on this point. It's like looking at a house and saying: "I can see a doorstep, therefore I believe that steps can only exist singly - let's call that the 'micro-step' hypothesis - but the door is closed and I can't I see how it is possible to get to the next floor using a micro-step, therefore God must do it by magic, Staircases - macro-steps - don't exist because I don't accept that putting many steps together would get you any higher".

thus the title : "the theory of evolution" not "the law of evolution"

This is one of those arguments commonly used by people who have no idea what a scientific theory actually is.

Colloquially speaking, a theory is just a hunch, an unsubstantiated idea about something.

In the context of science, a natural law is a principle that has been shown to describe and quantify what happens in nature under certain conditions. A theory, also the result of a lot of work, is a well-tested, well-evidenced synthesis of ideas which collectively explain how such a thing happens.

If you are genuinely interested to learn more, try this article by an American academic. I think it explains the differences and similarities quite nicely and simply.

what about the norse gods ???, more likely for us britons eh ????

You know when people say god talks to them, what does he sound like ? I like to think he sounds a bit like Morgan freeman or maybe James earl jones. Anyone shed any light on that one ?

Darth Vader? :)

It all makes sense now. He lives above us, is all powerful and has magic powers.

In fact, you could go even further. You know how Nasa faked the moon landings? The reason? That's no moon...........

Archived