Why do you believe in God or a creator ?

No. Have a look a something called Olber's paradox...

There are a number of answers to Olber's paradox so its not a good example.

As for the OP, I don't believe in a creator or a God of the Universe and when I read the Bible it makes that feeling stronger. As long as there is more than one God claiming to be "true" then the the whole idea of God is nonsense.

This just 'one of the JW's beliefs.

Jehovah's Witnesses believe that the Bible condemns the mixing of religions, on the basis that there can only be one truth from God, and therefore reject interfaith and ecumenical movements.[223][224][225] They believe that only their religion represents true Christianity, and that other religions fail to meet all the requirements set by God and will soon be destroyed.[226] Jehovah's Witnesses are taught that it is vital to remain "separate from the world." Watch Tower Society publications define the "world" as "the mass of mankind apart from Jehovah's approved servants" and teach that it is ruled by Satan and a place of danger and moral contamination.[227][228][229] Witnesses are taught that association with "worldly" people presents a "danger" to their faith,[230] and are also advised to minimize social contact with non-members to better maintain their own standards of morality.[231][232][233]

So I wonder why the OP has appeared on here in a 'Social Media' place, other than to preach to us heathens, who according to their teachings, will ultimately corrupt their standard of morality.

Or are we being 'saved'? :suspect:

This just 'one of the JW's beliefs.

So I wonder why the OP has appeared on here in a 'Social Media' place, other than to preach to us heathens, who according to their teachings, will ultimately corrupt their standard of morality.

Or are we being 'saved'? :suspect:

most of his posts say to go to the website, i think he's just trying to boost the website tbh, although no one would ever go on their again :hihi:

No. Have a look a something called Olber's paradox...

But we already know that gravity affects light. Imagine our area of the universe is just like a galaxy and came into existence because of expansion, one day it will die and become dark and will likely contract into a supper black hole from which light can’t escape. Now imagine that across infinite space, other areas of matter have also come into existence at different times because of expansion. The distance between these area of matter are that great that light doesn’t have time to reach us before contraction pulls all the matter and light back into a single point.

From reading and my very very small knowledge of physics, that is an argument for a growing universe. Okay ... I think I understand. The universe cannot be infinite in size. It must have a finite point where it is "the end of the universe"?

It doesn't argue that before the Big Bang there was nothing, does it? In time, the universe could be infinite?

I'm happy to be proven wrong. I never did enjoy physics. My love was biology.

An infinite universe can expand and contract without getting larger or smaller, so the event we call the big bank as most likely happened infinite times across infinite time and space.

But we already know that gravity affects light. Imagine our area of the universe is just like a galaxy and came into existence because of expansion, one day it will die and become dark and will likely contract into a supper black hole from which light can’t escape. Now imagine that across infinite space, other areas of matter have also come into existence at different times because of expansion. The distance between these area of matter are that great that light doesn’t have time to reach us before contraction pulls all the matter and light back into a single point.

I.e the universe is finite is what I think you mean...

(and it's unlikely to contract, dark energy seems to be doing a good job of pushing it apart forever)

An infinite universe can expand and contract without getting larger or smaller, so the event we call the big bank as most likely happened infinite times across infinite time and space.

It can? Would you like to try fitting that into the field equations and coming up with a solution?

Archived