Is 12 too young to get married?

Yaay! Damned if I do, damned if I don't. way to phrase a hypothesis, glam!
But it's different for you, as I understand it, you're not a born Muslim, and you only converted in your 40s. So you're going to have different ways of looking at right and wrong than some fundie immam or immigrant from a village in Pakistan or somewhere.

People trying to excuse something by finding out other places that do the same or worse, or did 200 years ago, doesn't wash really.

People trying to excuse something by finding out other places that do the same or worse, or did 200 years ago, doesn't wash really.

But no one's trying to excuse anything-99% of posters on this thread abhor what this father is advocating and have been quite vocal in saying so.

I would imagine that the idea of a 12 year old bride would not be unacceptable to a follower of Mohammed,after all he led by example didnt he,of course the majority wouldnt show that face in public would they?

So you believe the majority of Muslims would marry and have sex with a 12 year old child?

Yes 12 is definately too young.

Personally I would not like to think that any girl was handed over for marriage at any age it should be done for love and her own choice.

I certainly wouldn't like to think of my own daughter at 16 being handed over to some bloke 10 or 20 years older!!

Archived