Rail restoration enthusiasts-any locally

Janus

Are there any enthusiast groups locally who’s interest is restoring old railway stock etc. Preferably South Yorks based or reasonable commuting distance. A few came up on google that are not local. (Enquiring on behalf of a friend and will forward all leads). Thanks.

Are there any enthusiast groups locally who’s interest is restoring old railway stock etc. Preferably South Yorks based or reasonable commuting distance. A few came up on google that are not local. (Enquiring on behalf of a friend and will forward all leads). Thanks.

There's a few loco's at Elsecar Heritage Centre. I'm sure, if asked they would welcome some kind of help.

Elsecar Railway is run and operated by the Elsecar Heritage Railway Group. The volunteers restore a variety of rolling stock and undertake a range of track work. New volunteers welcomed.

Membership of Elsecar Heritage Railway is open to all. On site training is offered for volunteers wishing to develop specific skills, eg train driving, guarding, etc.

How do I become a member?

To become a member of Elsecar Heritage Railway contact Tim or Malcolm on 01226 746746.

http://www.elsecar-heritage-centre.co.uk/history/elsecar-heritage-railway/

Hope that helps!

You could always try Barrow Hill roundhouse near Chesterfield, they're always looking for volunteers to help with restoration projects. They say It's the only working roundhouse in the country.

There's a few loco's at Elsecar Heritage Centre. I'm sure, if asked they would welcome some kind of help.

http://www.elsecar-heritage-centre.co.uk/history/elsecar-heritage-railway/

Hope that helps!

Yes that helps-thanks. I`ll pass the details on

You could always try Barrow Hill roundhouse near Chesterfield, they're always looking for volunteers to help with restoration projects. They say It's the only working roundhouse in the country.

Hi,

What is a working roundhouse?

Thanks.

Archived