BOUNCERS Like them or hate them?

Taffi

Of course some think they are 'the man' it's the same whenever i go to gyms....you get to a certain size and you lose brain cells and think you're all that. Of course this is a generalization and most the times i'd agree with how bouncers handle people, i wouldnt do it.

I've only been refused in somewhere once, because there was 3 of us and they didnt like the look of us??. oh yeah!! i look well threatening...not!

Do the courses to do door work involve any customer relations or is it just 'defuse a situation or give him a slap'

And i see trouble anytime I go out round town centre...thats why i dont bother going anymore

What the public sometimes don't realise is that its not always up to the door supervisor who decides who comes in and who doesn't.

We have promoters and managers who 'spot' the punters in the queue and then tell us who they want and who to refuse.

Your refusal may be based on many facts that the club/pub has to take into consideration........for instance we may be told that the promoter only wants an older/mature or student customer on that night.

You may be dressed smartly which normally we would let you in but you may be of the wrong age group that the promoter wants. And when you're refused you naturally ask....why?

By law we do not have to give you a reason why you have been refused, but arguing a point that we have no control of only seems to wind people up. By admitting a certain type of customer into the club on any one night maintains the atmosphere and also helps keeps order.

It may not be want some people want to hear but its fact that we have to deal with, its not always our decision why you're refused but its us who have to deal with it. Lifes not fair.....if it was i'd look like Brad pitt, drive a ferrari and live somewhere warm!

Originally posted by D2J

You walking round with blinkers on Blondie :confused:

Honestly, I havent seen a thing! The bouncers must be doing a really good job cos I can honestly say that I've never seen any trouble whatsoever! :D Its either that, or I'm usually waaaay too drunk to notice a thing lol!

I've worked a few places where you'd expect trouble such as Pitsmoor/Burngreave, Manor/Intake, and Woodseats. I ended up fighting on Sat because of some lads who thought it would be got to start attacking us. This is the first time in three years. I've had a situation like that. ***t happens!

Originally posted by DuffBeer

By which way do door supervisors abuse their jobs? This is not a critisism i'm sure it happens.

im happy to explain..

they have to live up to this beefed up man image, and if anyone dents their ego, then basically your not coming in. When all people wanna do is go into a nightclub and have a good time, but like i sed u get the odd few who wanna spoil it by basically picking up on something "they" dont like!

I'm sure what you say is right, but if someone 'dents my ego' by giving me abuse.......for example if a group of guys come up to the club and i'm not sure how drunk they are what kind of attidude they are going to have i will first of all refuse them. The next thing that happens is straight away i get a load of abuse ..........which i think makes me correct in my descision. If they want to fight with the doormen then how will they react if someone bumps into them inside a busy club or knocks their drink over?

OR they ask me why..........i say it just isn't their night..........they ask is it because they're not dressed right/too pi**ed etc.......

I can now get a feel of how some people react when they are upset.

If they're okay with the descision i'll ask them where they've been etc..........if they aren't abusive i will often change my mind and let them in. People should learn that if you are polite not abusive to doormen they will have a better chance of getting into a club or at least getting in next time. This is of course only my point and not what every doorman does. But maybe if peoples attitude toward us changes then maybe ours will too.

Archived