Kickboxing for beginners

Whats JKD.

is there a website for them?

JKD is jeet kune do and is the martial art/concept devised by Bruce Lee. It often (sometimes) includes kali/escrima, western boxing, kickboxing, savate, BJJ, and a host of other disciplines. I believe that Mark incorporates some of the filipino stuff (escrima), and on another thread Inosanto referred to the class as JKD/boxing/kickboxing. Although i've never trained there, Mark has an excellent reputation and i'm sure he won't make you do 100 push ups for getting something wrong...(will you Mark?) :hihi:

lunnster just out of curiousity which "great britain coach" do you train with?

the only instructor ive heard of in woodhouse is a guy called terry

he does some tournaments and farhad refs a bit for him

not a kickboxer tho hes a karate man (terry) but he seems ok ive said hello to him and he seems polite etc

marsdens all styles is ok too i went up to train there a couple of times good blend of karate and kickboxing.

as for Adrian Abdulla , no comment :P

The man you're speaking of ,(Terry at Woodhouse) is Terry Noble 4th Dan in Goju-Ryu Karate.Do a good bloke and, as you say, polite person.He's only done a couple of touraments as far as I know,prefering all round "in depth" Karate to sport karate.

Farhad was doing the grading at set times so i chose a later one but apparently most of the group did it in the morning so there was only me and one other girl in my session.

loads of people took their grading apparently but i cudnt name half of them lol.

dnt really know amy but i heard she wasn't very high up...i think someone said yellow belt not sure though!

SARAH xxx

hi sarah

Farhad told me the results this morning, he sounded a bit ruff on the thraot maybe he has a cold?

he told me the fights were great and AFK won most of theirs

Wayne won the british title no surpirse there and so did someone called sunny singh?

who is sunny singh is he good? ive ehard hes dead cocky and he talks to his opponents when hes fighting them and dances in the ring and stuff , is he really that good? ill soon find out once ive sparred with him

Archived