Kickboxing for beginners

Adam

Pink Gloves and foot pads? Is there something youre not telling us? You also posted on the cheerleading thread a few times too. :suspect:

Catt

I know you find all this funny about Kickboxing attire,..etc when i mentioned that AFK have their own range of kickboxing gear but 90% of all martial arts clubs (kickboxing included) take the attire for the club very seriously.

Many clubs will expect you to purchase the clubs uniform within the first week. After that if youre not wearing their colours they show you the door.

My second lesson was also really great! The others there were very good, even though they'd only been doing it a short while!! I think it will just take me time to learn things and improve.:D

Thanks for the lift, Cheif!! :)

Sayloubay, see you Thursday... :D

Hi Catt

No problems about the lift it was great to meet you and chat with you. You are a great person to chat you I bet you are a popular teacher at college!

Oh and its "Chef" as opposed to "chief" :hihi:

Regarding the people who are quite good but only been doing it for a short space of time, you will be like that soon too.

AFK prides itself on the high standard of tuition. I can proudly say hand on heart that my Orange and Green belts are as good as or even better than most other clubs Brown and Black belts. That is purely down to the attention to detail that I pay to each and every member.

From absolute beginner to the average person doing kickboxing for keeping fit right to the likes of our fighters Sunny "The snake" Singh, Wonderful Wayne Betts, Mick the Fireman, Kathryn "man beater" Mapley and Raheal "firefoot" Ali, everybody is treated equally. Everybody is treated like they have the potential to be the best they can be.

This is what makes AFK so successful. Obviously its not a one man army, much of the effort comes from the other coaches Mark , Big Andy and Uncle Saj as well as the many dedicated individuals who make every new member feel at ease within the club.

Archived