Kickboxing for beginners

Hi Jazzy

I know Gus well and have sparred with him a couple of times. Hes a good student and has learned very quickly (he surprised me to be honest). Yes it is just up the road from the Devonshire Cat. We are not the one on the corner , our gym is just next door and then down into the basement (not up stairs). The classes to come to for somebody liek yourself are as follows:

MONDAY 630-830PM (Mainly Fight Training ,i.e. Advanced)

830-930PM (Beginners Class)

TUESDAY 730-830PM , Intermediate Level , i.e. designed for people who have say done one grading but arent ready for Fight Training yet.

WEDNESDAY 6-7PM =(THIS ONE IS AT GOODWIN SPORTS CENTRE NOT THE GYM) = Beginners class , 90% Girls (If that is what youre after :love: )

THURSDAY 730-830PM (Women only , Beginners class still)

830-930PM ( Mixed Gender Beginners Class)

FRIDAY 6-7PM = Youth (ages 10-16) class. Its a small group , Adult Beginers also welcome to use the bags etc due to the fact that the gym is quiet then.

7-8PM = Adults Class Mixed Ability.

8-830PM = Sparring / Extra training for anyone who wants to stay back and do sparring or Fight training. At the moment a few of the MMA/Ju Jitsu guys are coming on Friday to do some stand up training.

SATURDAY= DAY OFF / Gym available for PRIVATE/GROUP BOOKINGS (choose your instructor to book you lesson with)

SUNDAY = 12-1:30pm = FAMILY CLASS = Mixed ages and abilities. Kids are welcome on sundays as there isone lad who brings his 7 year old son , the instructor Big Andy brings his 7 year old nephew, one lady brings her 2 teenage daughters and one other lady brings her 8 year old nephew.

There is an extra half hour on sunday for those who want extra training(i.e. Fighters etc)

We have a full comprehensive Grading Syllabus and also promote our own shows for those who wish to fight.

Cheers Farhad, that's top banana! Tuesday 7:30 sounds good, although I don't know whether a begginers class'd be good, just to get back into the swing of things. What do you think? Played cricket for the first time in ages two days ago & my hamstrings are in agony! Have you some form of stretching machine? A rack perhaps? :)

I also know Sunny from t'gym. Is he still going as I haven't spoken to him in a while?

Hi everyone!!

Whoa, I cant believe we're on page 21 of this thread - Im sure last time I looked we were still in single figures?!

Maybe not... but it has been a while.....

Its also been a while since I'd been to Kick Boxing - until last night that is! Got in the habit of going at least once a week then had about 3 weeks off (slacker I know, although in me defence I did have to attend to a poorly Nan!).

And didnt I feel it last night!! I couldnt remember any of the moves, was hot and sweaty after about 2 minutes, and am aching lots today!! :(

Anyway, it was a good job I went last night as that was the first I knew about there being no classes there anymore!! :confused:

And I know the answer to my question is probably in one of these 21 pages, but I dont have the time (and cant be bothered qutie frankly!!) to trawl through them all, so can anyone please tell me the times / levels / costs of classes at Goodwin (U sport?) please??!!

Sorry for being lazy (and forgetful - Farhad only told me this yesterday!!)

Cheers :thumbsup:

Hi Troterette

The hallam uni classes are closed for the summer but we still have Goodwin and Wellington street Boxing gym open.

Here are the beginners classes for you:

Wellington Street Boxing Gym

Monday (Taught by me) &Thursday (Taught by Mark Howarth) 830PM.

Sunday 12-130pm

Goodwin Sports Centre

Wednesday 6-7PM.

All classes cost £4.

See you then.

JazzyBmZoo

Try all the classes at different times and that way you get to train with the different instructors.

Sunny Singh is our Undefeated British Lightweight champion but is taking time off due to exams.

Because Farhad is a fantastic cook!!! His food is as good as a takeaway :thumbsup:

As good as a takeaway???

Give me SOME credit! It's as least restaurant standard :P

Nice to finally meet Sayloubay hope you and Catt enjoyed the lesson, see you both on Thursday

Will see you there Chef... (um, why chef???) me and Sayloubay are both coming and i'm bringing my bike!!!!:D

Hi Catt

Cycling, excellent exercise for those quads and that cardio.

Oh lovely cycling helmet , very flattering and very "you" :cool:

Archived