Kickboxing for beginners

Interesting comments there, however these comments are more based around " im right and your wrong" and " this style is better than that style" totally irrelevant to the thread if you ask me.

Sunny Singh hit the nail on the head.

"pll attempt to protect the martial art they have been brought up with and 99% of time they chat poo"

Yes that is correct the person in this case being caveman himself :P

"people who sit infront of their key board attempting to give opinion without any fight experience is like talking to a polar bear about the artic who has spent his whole life in africa lol"

Now Caveman

I agree with the above comment as well, how can you be qualified to make any comment on kickboxing when you dont understand the sport yourself. I wont respect anyones opinion when they havent been there themselves.

Even more shocking was your comment (well it didnt really surprise me LOL)

"chefkiker, i have no intrest in challange / grudge matches what so ever, (or even kickboxing for that matter)"

What??? NO INTEREST in Kickboxing???

This whole thread is about kickboxing!!! DOH!!!

You have proved that :

1. you have no involvement with kickboxing

2. you have no understanding of kickboxing

3. youre not a kickboxer yourself

4. you have no interest in kickboxing

That makes ALL of your comments on kickboxing totally obselete.

Have a nice day and get back to doing katas in your back yard, painting fences, orgasming over Ralph Macchio & Mr Miyagi , and writing letters to the sports council telling them to ban kickboxing from sports centres :P

Now the real kickboxers can get back to sharing their knowledge with people with a genuine interest in genuine kickboxing.

Respect to Sunny Singh a man who has proved time and time again with an unbeaten record that he really knows his stuff both in the ring and in intelligent conversation.

Quad Erat Demonstradum as Pythagoras would say :P

lol. cavegirl. i cant see myself kickboxing when im 65 dont think my joints will be able to take it :hihi: hopefully by then i would have retired to a hot exotic sun drenched paradise might try ti chi or sumthin then or possibly yoga, only turned 22 soo long long away :thumbsup:

Really enjoyed yesterdays session Farhad. I left all money owed to you as well:thumbsup:

My time at Sheffield is coming to an end in a few days time.. I know i'll be missed by everyone:suspect:

Really enjoyed yesterdays session Farhad. I left all money owed to you as well:thumbsup:

My time at Sheffield is coming to an end in a few days time.. I know i'll be missed by everyone:suspect:

Yes Adam you will be sorely missed! :(

Nomad I have guessed who you are, start making a contribution to the discussions ;)

Is there any one that can help, ive been looking at a martial arts magazine some of you may have read it 'Fighters' and i came across an advert for the AKA 'Amateur Kickboxing Association'

now i know the difference between Thai boxing and kickboxing, but can any one tell me the difference between these two disciplines and

Burmese Kickboxing (Bando)

Chinese kickboxing (Sanda / San Shao)

French kickboxing (savate)

American Kickboxing (full contact)

Now these stayles are how they read in the magazine so i havn't worded them , i have heard of one or two of them but dont know the difference ? any one help.( i think Dave might be able to help out with the Chinese one)

Is there any one that can help, ive been looking at a martial arts magazine some of you may have read it 'Fighters' and i came across an advert for the AKA 'Amateur Kickboxing Association'

now i know the difference between Thai boxing and kickboxing, but can any one tell me the difference between these two disciplines and

Burmese Kickboxing (Bando)

Chinese kickboxing (Sanda / San Shao)

French kickboxing (savate)

American Kickboxing (full contact)

Now these stayles are how they read in the magazine so i havn't worded them , i have heard of one or two of them but dont know the difference ? any one help.( i think Dave might be able to help out with the Chinese one)

Bando came before Muay Thai. The Bando bouts are still around fought with hemp rope only and you only win by KO if it goes 5 rounds it is a draw.

San Da/San Shou is not the "commercially available" semi contact point scoring "kung fu" that a lot of the clubs sell as "chinese kickboxing".

San Da = Kickboxing (with low kicks ) allowing some forms of throws. Examples= suplex , grab the leg and takedowns etc.

You are scored on your stand up as well as your throwing skills (I believe they class them as Chin Na?)

Savate is Kickboxing in leotard (called an integral) and they wear these really hard plimsoll shoes. It hurts being kicked with those plimsolls on believe me. You can kick to the legs but no use of the shins(wierd eh?)

Full contact is the style of kickboxing where they wear footpads and long satin trousers. Kicks below the belt line other than the footsweep(boot to boot) are prohibited.

Archived