Kickboxing for beginners

It wasnt the heat that kept me away, it was work. :-( Anyway, see you tonight. BTW, i want some gloves cause im fed up of other peoples sweaty mitts!! Lol. Can i get the smallest size you have in black? ;-) Thanks!!!!

Ok I will sort that out this week.

See you tonight

:help: chefkicker

you look/sound like you know a lot about kickboxing

whats good and whats not good:confused:

also i looked at your site it looks cool whats your background and who was your teacher:confused: is he is sheffield:confused:

who should i not go to:confused:

:help: chefkicker

you look/sound like you know a lot about kickboxing

whats good and whats not good:confused:

also i looked at your site it looks cool whats your background and who was your teacher:confused: is he is sheffield:confused:

who should i not go to:confused:

Im going to be honest and say that my club AFK is very good. I was taught by a lot of different people. If i were to give credit to just one person that would be unfair. Although my main source of guidance would have to be the late Paul Blakely of the British Kickboxing Organisation.

Im not going to get involved in who not to go to and silly things like that but beware of the people who teach a modernised karate/kung fu syllabus and market it as kickboxing.

Best thing to do is try the classes out and use your brain to work out if your being taught good technique and if your technique is being corrected.

If all they do is take your money and say " great, excellent" and dont tell you to "keep your right hand up" or "twist your hips into it more" or things like that then your wasting your time unless all you want to do is meet new people and punch the pads (not caring if youre doing it correctly).

You are more than likely to try out one of our classes then make your own judgement. After the class I will sit you down and tell you a little bit about my background .

Cheers

Farhad

and sometimes you get to beat me up lol.....................but sometime i will come just to annoy the fighters with my eclectic style dirty tricks, but good solid instruction..........................if you wanna learn good solid martial arts you will not go wrong with afk kickboxing........proofs in the pudding 2 british champions and 5 good instructors that can fight for real

and sometimes you get to beat me up lol.....................but sometime i will come just to annoy the fighters with my eclectic style dirty tricks, but good solid instruction..........................if you wanna learn good solid martial arts you will not go wrong with AFK kickboxing........proofs in the pudding 2 british champions and 5 good instructors that can fight for real

LOL ! Thats right old one, the AFK up and coming newcomers are ready to beat you up tonight !

:thumbsup:

chef is there still a sunday session for beginners? I might come along this week?

Beginners kickboxing at wellington street boxing gym:

12-130pm.

Totally beginner friendly session , kids welcome too.

See you there Catt

Archived