Kickboxing for beginners

Where are SarahBabe and Notorious?

Hey I may be back in sheffield again , might actually be down to one of the classes, Sarah, do you attend any of the classes at the gym in town too? Or is it just broomgrove Road?

Nah freddy i only attend the classes on broomgrove road!!! Bout u, or do u go to both?

Where about r u atm if ur not in sheffield:confused:

let me know when you come down so i know someone else there coz there are different people every session with a couple of exceptions!

Sarah xxx

I go to both when i can

sometimes im in sheffield sometiems im away from home

depends where my flying takes me!

Both gyms are good

Broomgrove is more the "sports centere" environment with nice well lit decor and matted areas,..etc

The wellington street boxing gym is a typical back street boxing gym with all the punch/kick Bags ,boxing ring, speedballs , floor to celiing ball , even a concrete bag!

I prefer the welllington street class myself coz of the equipment

But both gyms attract a very friendly crowd

theres no attitudes no egos none of this slagging off of other martial arts that often takes place in certain gyms either.

Hi guys!

Im interested in taking up kickboxing too!!

Im a complete and utter absolute total beginner though so am a bit worried about it, esp. turning up on my own knowing nothing?!

I notice that you have a women only session on Thursdays at 7.30 and a beginners session on Thursdays at 8.30 at Wellington St - which do you think would be best for me bearing in mind Im a woman and a beginner??!!

Thanks,

--Trotterete--

I was in the exact same position as you a couple of weeks ago! I'd never done it before and i was going by myself...which i actually thought was part of the fun lol.

Firstly, I think you should come to the mixed classes! I've been paired with guys before and it's more difficult as they are stronger but you improve more as well. Also, in the mixed classes i would say there is an equal number of boys and girls (roughly) each session!

There's plenty of people who are either brand new or have only been doing it for a short amount of time so don't worry.

Sarah

P.s. see ya soon!!!

Hi troterette

there are classes on thursday at both venues

there is wellington street boxing gym

Both classes

laides at 730pm and beginers at 830pm are suitable for absolute beginers

on thrusday wellington street is tauht by kathryn and mark howarth

me and kathryn used to train in kids class togetehr back in the day

At the broomgrove road gym on thursday (and tuesday) you get to train with Farhad who actually tauht both kathryn and mark

both are good classes.

These are the classes you should come to as a new starter:

Wellington street:

Monday 830pm (with Farhad)

Thursday :

730( ladies) 830 (mixed) : tauht by mark and kathryn

Broomgrove Road

Tuesday 730pm

Thursday 730pm

Both tauht by Farhad (the head witch doctor himself:P)

good chocie of classes to choose from

ring Farhad 07775 914155 for advice or email the AFK on info@sheffieldkickboxing.com

Archived