9/11 anniversary

And finally, to all those who go on about the US wanting oil and to go to war, why on earth would they kill thousands of innocent people like that just so they can start a war?

Some conspiracy theories discount any US involvement.

But yes it was a sad day.

The tragedy isn't over. There are many people now suffering from lung disorders who were exposed to to the dust, some even from cancer

Not only that, thanks to epigenetics, women who were pregnant at the time and suffered from PTSD from the WTC attacks have actually passed it down to their children. People who weren't even born at the time were effected!

However, I also wanted to address the people out there who consistently feel the need to jam so-called 'conspiracy theories' down our throats. I don't believe there was any conspiracy behind it. I believe what I saw: a horrific, cowardly attack on freedom itself. It was not an inside job. Anyone who believes that dribble needs to take a long, hard look at themselves.

I certainly don't buy into any of the conspiracy theories surrounding the attacks but an 'attack on freedom itself? C'mon that's just meaningless rhetoric.

I was 18 at the time & left for my first holiday abroad without parents.

Me & my friend flew out for Turkey at 11pm on Sept 10th

My mum was absolutely terrified for us. After all we'd flown out to a Muslim country just 12 hours or so before.

I remember waking up & going round the pool to be greeted by an enormous TV screen at the poolside bar beaming pictures of it unfold. It was surreal. I felt as though we were watching the newest blockbuster disaster movie.

I still find the footage surreal even now. How could their plans have gone so smoothly. How could nothing have thwarted it. The fact that the evil suicide pilots flew so well that each hit the towers so perfectly that nothing could've saved them.

Did they plan to bring the towers down?? Or was it just the final twist of the knife of fate?? The fashion in which these enormous looming buildings came down (to the naked eye)

If the greatest explosive experts had spent months planning an explosion, I don't think they could've brought them down more perfectly.

May all who perished be resting in peace, but I don't know how the word peace can be associated with that day.

While many of the conspiracy theories may be implausible (I haven't looked at 9/11 as a whole in that much depth... like most people), I don't think the blowback theory is. It's a term used openly by the CIA and it can explain (if not condone) the actions of 9/11 far more rationally than "they hate us for our freedom so they attacked us".

Terrorist attacks don't come out of nowhere. They are often reactionary and linked to prior events. Too many people think the clock started ticking on 9/11, as if an attack on US soil is somehow the initial declaration of war.

Bin Laden and his coterie made it quite clear what their aggravation was with the US. That doesn't mean we should have submitted to his will, but again, it goes some way to explain WHY there was such a violent reaction that culminated in the events of 9/11.

There is little debate that the US adopted an aggressive, pre-emptive foreign policy under Bush, and the so-called "neocons" that dominated the US administration during the Bush era were not coy about their globalist intentions, they submitted numerous papers outlining their agenda.

You have to be willing to accept that blowback is inevitable from such a policy. This is not terrorist sympathising, it's simply "A leads to B", "what goes around comes around". It's not rocket science.

Archived