9/11 anniversary

Mod Note

As of now, stop the bickering, the speculating on the causes and the references to conspiracy theories.

According to Wikipedia nearly 3000 people died in the attack, and many more were injured and still suffer to this day.

Show them some respect.

(but my only concern- trivial in this context, I know- is the '9/11' Americanised name).
It happened in America, where we define a date by month first, then day, then year. Why should that concern you so much. saying "March first" or "March 1" is a little shorter than "the first of march". Since we're saying it inside our own border, it's OK.

R.I.P for all those that died in 9/11 and all those still suffering

Thanik you, mel. And to everyone else who expressed kind condolences. Thank you. This American appreciates it. I also appreciate your personal stories and reactions.

For those who want to talk about WHY it happened, I understand. And your posts are not entirely without merit. But it's like being at the funeral of a loved one and having someone get in your face and tell you that person was responsible for their own death.

Bad manners. Wrong time, wrong place.

Start another thread affixing blame. Tomorrow. Today, let us grieve.

Thanik you, mel. And to everyone else who expressed kind condolences. Thank you. This American appreciates it. I also appreciate your personal stories and reactions.

For those who want to talk about WHY it happened, I understand. And your posts are not entirely without merit. But it's like being at the funeral of a loved one and having someone get in your face and tell you that person was responsible for their own death.

OH Sierra, :roll: do you know who your talking to ?

?!? How is it at all like that? 1stly, an 11 year anniversary is not at all the same, or as significant as a funeral, secondly no-one is blaming the victims, thirdly this is an internet forum, you can choose not to read any comments you like, it is not at all like having someone get in your face.

Amen to that, Sierra.

?!? How is it at all like that? 1stly, an 11 year anniversary is not at all the same, or as significant as a funeral, secondly no-one is blaming the victims, thirdly this is an internet forum, you can choose not to read any comments you like, it is not at all like having someone get in your face.
Surely to God you ought to be able to understand that an anniversary of a loss is just as painful as a funeral, unless youve never lost someone. Is is too hard to shut up for one day in your life.:rant:

Archived