Clegg calls gay marriage opponents "bigots"

taxman

You are a bigot if you are obstinately convinced of the superiority or correctness of your own opinions and prejudiced against those who hold different opinions.

intolerance towards those who hold different opinions from oneself:

having or revealing an obstinate belief in the superiority of one’s own opinions and a prejudiced intolerance of the opinions of others:

Obstinately convinced of the superiority or correctness of one's own opinions and prejudiced against those who hold different opinions

He hasn't demonstrated any prejudice.

Never thought I'd see the day you describing yourself most eloquently. Well done you.

You could have at least inserted 'arrogant' in that description.

Your opinion differs from the opinions of the majority on here, it's you who is out on a limb. So, by your own definition you are a bigot.

We await you arrogant and obstinate reply. :D

Your post demonstrates some intolerance towards me because of my opinion so by definition you are a bigot.:D

Never thought I'd see the day you describing yourself most eloquently. Well done you.

You could have at least inserted 'arrogant' in that description.

Your opinion differs from the opinions of the majority on here, it's you who is out on a limb. So, by your own definition you are a bigot.

We await you arrogant and obstinate reply. :D

I would have to show intolerance or prejudice towards you in order to be a bigot.:)

Still to come - watch with bated breath as the extraordinary Mr Smith ties himself in ever more complicated and vexatious knots trying and failing to understand what bigoted means...

I fully understand thanks, and the fact you think I'm annoying you, demonstrates some intolerance towards me because of my opinion, so by definition you are a bigot.

He, Nick Clegg, you know, the person the entire thread is about. :roll:

You asked me that in post 128 and I answered it in post 132.

I incorrectly assumed he wanted to change the law to make it unlawful for a church to refuse to marry a same sex couple; I have since read a little more about what he actually said and have changed my opinion on him.

I agree it wasn’t worded in a way that reflected what I thought, I make these errors occasionally.

Archived