Clegg calls gay marriage opponents "bigots"

taxman

Not at all, if I was intolerant I would most likely insult you back, but I’m not bigoted so I am happy for you to hold that opinion.

If you were happy about it then why did you argue against it?

This is a good example of what it is to be a bigot, you are demonstrating you intolerance of me by calling me an idiot just because I don’t share your opinion.

You're statement is factually incorrect in two parts of course.

Firstly I didn't call you an idiot

Now you're just being an idiot

I said you were being an idiot.

Secondly I didn't say that because I don't share your opinion, I said it because your argument is idiotic.

Yes, you did. You then accepted that you were wrong, and you're a better person for it.

Clearly you don't accept my opinion, you've called me bigoted because I hold that opinion.

You should go back and read my early reply to your question, I clearly stated that I thought Cleg wanted to force churches to marry people, this is why I said he was also a bigot, I later discovered he didn't want to force churches to marry people so I retracted my comment that he was also bigoted.

You should go back and read my early reply to your question, I clearly stated that I thought Cleg wanted to force churches to marry people, this is why I said he was also a bigot, I later discovered he didn't want to force churches to marry people so I retracted my comment that he was also bigoted.

Yes, I read it the first time. It wasn't what you actually said though originally was it.

I would say calling people bigots because they have a different opinion would make him a bigot.

It was a justification you later used so that you could retract this nonsense.

Clearly you don't accept my opinion, you've called me bigoted because I hold that opinion.

No I didn't I called you a bigot because you demonstrated an intolerance toward me for holding an opinion that different to your, I haven't demonstrated an intolerance to your opinion because your opinion don’t bother me either way.

It’s your opinion and you are entitled to hold it with other insulting you for holding it.

Secondly I didn't say that because I don't share your opinion, I said it because your argument is idiotic.

So now you think my opinion is idiotic, in what way? bearing in mind it was you that confused the issue when you asked a vague question that I had already answered.

Archived