Clegg calls gay marriage opponents "bigots"

taxman

No it isn't, my position is that by saying I am being an idiot you demonstrated some intolerance to my opinion, thereby making you a bigot.

You're wrong though, it just accurately describes your behaviour.

You challenged my opinion on Cleg, I revaluated my opinion based on new information and changed my opinion, you then demonstrated some intolerance towards me because of my opinion on another post.

No, you're just believe that anyone who has a low of opinion of your intelligence is intolerant of you, but you're wrong.

I didn't claim to be misusing the English language or that I was happy it was winding anyone up, has far as I am aware I’m using the word correctly has per its definition.

Trolling is posting potentially inflammatory insults on a forum, like saying someone is being an idiot.

You definitely did say that you were happy you were winding him up, and the reason you were doing so was your misuse of English that at the time you refused to accept.

I'm not questioning it, just expressing my opinion that it demonstrated some intolerance toward me.

I appreciate your opinion, but it doesn't make it true. You see there are facts and there are opinions and in this case your opinion is at odds with the fact that I am believe you were being an idiot, but that I wasn't demonstrating intolerance by believing that. QED you're wrong.

You definitely did say that you were happy you were winding him up, and the reason you were doing so was your misuse of English that at the time you refused to accept.

You are getting desperate now to perpetuate an argument that you started, I thought more of you.

I'd be interested to see a link to what you claim I said.

I appreciate your opinion, but it doesn't make it true. You see there are facts and there are opinions and in this case your opinion is at odds with the fact that I am believe you were being an idiot, but that I wasn't demonstrating intolerance by believing that. QED you're wrong.

:huh:

opinion

a view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge:

You're wrong though, it just accurately describes your behaviour.

What behaviour, all I was doing was expressing an opinion?

No, you're just believe that anyone who has a low of opinion of your intelligence is intolerant of you, but you're wrong.

I fully understand thanks, and the fact you think I'm annoying you, demonstrates some intolerance towards me because of my opinion, so by definition you are a bigot.

This behaviour.

Or maybe I should say this stupidity as that would also be accurate.

This behaviour.

Or maybe I should say this stupidity as that would also be accurate.

Still to come - watch with bated breath as the extraordinary Mr Smith ties himself in ever more complicated and vexatious knots trying and failing to understand what bigoted means...

vexatious

causing or tending to cause annoyance

annoy

make (someone) a little angry; irritate:

I fully understand thanks, and the fact you think I'm annoying you, demonstrates some intolerance towards me because of my opinion, so by definition you are a bigot.

My opinion had apparently annoyed, irritated Halibut, I took this has Halibut demonstrating some intolerance toward me because of my opinion.

Not sure how you came to this conclusion, I just posted opinions on the topic, Halibut did what Halibut always does and made it personal instead of just expressing their opinion on the topic. You then appeared to take offence for some strange reason and called me an idiot.

Now you're just being an idiot, not a bigot admittedly, but definitely an idiot.

So clearly I didn't say I was happy for winding anyone up, and if someone is wound up by my opinions then there is little I can do about it. They don’t have to read what I type and they don’t have to respond to what I type.

Archived