Clegg calls gay marriage opponents "bigots"

taxman

What do you think the words mean when put into a sentence instead of in isolation?

Does it mean that the knots are annoying to Halibut? I don't think so.

I have no idea; I assumed it meant what the definition says it meant. Maybe an explanation would be better than an insult and intolerance.

Still don't know where you got this idea from, because I definitely didn’t say I was happy for winding him up.

You definitely did say that you were happy you were winding him up, and the reason you were doing so was your misuse of English that at the time you refused to accept.

define vexatious knots :confused:

I have no idea; I assumed it meant what the definition says it meant. Maybe an explanation would be better than an insult and intolerance.

Still don't know where you got this idea from, because I definitely didn’t say I was happy for winding him up.

define vexatious knots :confused:

Vexatious knots would be ones that are frustrating. But given that it's you that is (or was) finding himself tied into them, Halibut was suggesting that they must be frustrating and difficult for you.

Has this turned into a basic English comprehension lesson?

There was no insult, any adult who can't understand basic English and/or who is happy to have annoyed someone (which might not be what you meant since you're now claiming to have misunderstood the sentence in question) is either an idiot or being an idiot. Saying so is not a sign of intolerance.

Vexatious knots would be ones that are frustrating. But given that it's you that is (or was) finding himself tied into them, Halibut was suggesting that they must be frustrating and difficult for you.

Has this turned into a basic English comprehension lesson?

But I wasn’t tied into a frustrating knot;

I was in no way expressing distress and annoyance.

There was no insult, any adult who can't understand basic English and/or who is happy to have annoyed someone (which might not be what you meant since you're now claiming to have misunderstood the sentence in question) is either an idiot or being an idiot. Saying so is not a sign of intolerance.

I didn’t say or imply I was happy to annoy Halibut. That's just something you have imagined.

And if you get your kicks by calling people idiots just because they have less English comprehension than yourself then I feel for the people around you, because it doesn’t make you a very nice person.

But I wasn’t tied into a frustrating knot;

I was in no way expressing distress and annoyance.

It was simply Halibuts opinion, something you're keen to defend people having and not being challenged.

I didn’t say or imply I was happy to annoy Halibut. That's just something you have imagined.

Maybe I misunderstood, or maybe you worded it badly.

And if you get your kicks by calling people idiots just because they have less English comprehension than yourself then I feel for the people around you, because it doesn’t make you a very nice person.

I didn't get a kick out of it.

Are you challenging my right to have an opinion that someone is an idiot? Careful, you're very close to be a (MrSmith defined) bigot.

Saying that I'm not nice is pretty intolerant IMO, so maybe you're already there.

It was simply Halibuts opinion, something you're keen to defend people having and not being challenged.

Maybe I misunderstood, or maybe you worded it badly.

I didn't get a kick out of it.

Are you challenging my right to have an opinion that someone is an idiot? Careful, you're very close to be a (MrSmith defined) bigot.

Saying that I'm not nice is pretty intolerant IMO, so maybe you're already there.

I haven’t said Halibut isn’t entitled to an opinion or that opinions shouldn’t be challenged; this is something you have imagined.

Yes you misunderstood, which is something you do quite frequently, considering your superior intellect.

I also defend your right to hold the opinion that people with less English comprehension than yourself are idiots.

Whatever rocks your boat.

I haven’t said Halibut isn’t entitled to an opinion or that opinions shouldn’t be challenged; this is something you have imagined.

Yes you misunderstood, which is something you do quite frequently, considering your superior intellect.

I also defend your right to hold the opinion that people with less English comprehension than yourself you are idiots.

Whatever rocks your boat.

sorry couldn't resist :)

Really? Do explain …

I wouldn’t have learnt anything if you had done has some of the other members and just said you are wrong, but because you corrected my error I have learnt something.

Sometimes it’s like I'm typing a different language to everyone else.:confused:

Archived