Proud potato middlewood road

E.R.N

Other than at work on lunch do people for their evening meals really say 'i fancy a takeaway.....i know, i will have a jacket potato?!' seems odd to me! Jacket spuds and most fillings are one of the easiest things to make at home. Seems odd to me.

Microwaved jacket spuds aren't half as nice as one that's been cooked in an oven, and for a decent sized potato that will take an hour, whereas if you nip down to Proud Potato you can be eating it 10 minutes later :)

Microwaved jacket spuds aren't half as nice as one that's been cooked in an oven, and for a decent sized potato that will take an hour, whereas if you nip down to Proud Potato you can be eating it 10 minutes later :)

Still one of the easiest things to make and least time consuming. Seems very strange. Either pop in the oven while making a filling. Or pop in the microwave and finish off in the oven for 15mins. Really easy and can be left while you do other things. Just seems an odd thing to think of when people think of ordering a 'takeaway'. Although its been there for years so obviously it must be busy at lunch times mainly i assume. If i lived on my own maybe i would i suppose as an evening meal if i felt lazy.

I cant think ive ever been in a situation with friends where weve said 'right lets order a takeaway, what shall we have.......a jacket spud?!' have you honestly??

tried them out once - i guesed that there must be some secret extra tasty factor that kept the place open and busy.

there wasn't. it was an acceptable potato, with a slightly bland filling. there was lots of it, but none of it all that astonishing. i've never felt inspired to have another one, and i cant say the range made my heart beat faster.

if you fancy beans, cheese, chilli, chicken, and any combination thereof, then you'll be fine i suppose!

that said, it's still better quality than pretty much all the food joints on that side of the road! :D

Still one of the easiest things to make and least time consuming. Seems very strange. Either pop in the oven while making a filling. Or pop in the microwave and finish off in the oven for 15mins. Really easy and can be left while you do other things. Just seems an odd thing to think of when people think of ordering a 'takeaway'. Although its been there for years so obviously it must be busy at lunch times mainly i assume. If i lived on my own maybe i would i suppose as an evening meal if i felt lazy.

I cant think ive ever been in a situation with friends where weve said 'right lets order a takeaway, what shall we have.......a jacket spud?!' have you honestly??

Easy- but time consuming and not that convenient to do if you're out at work or out and about doing stuff.

I don't generally have a takeaway and crave jacket spuds, but I do regularly go past the Proud Potato when I'm hungry and don't fancy a sandwich.

Archived