Hillsborough document release

Hemibr

Nobody has suggested that there were no fans who were drunk. Nobody has suggested that there were no fans who behaved disgracefully. What has been categorically stated by investigations with far more scope and access to information than provided here is that such behaviour was unremarkable for such an event and was not a significant factor in the ensuing tragedy.

Just think about it for a moment, please. What does eye witness testimony that some fans were drunk and poorly behaved actually prove? Not what assumptions can be made from it? Not what must it mean? But what does it prove?

And, most importantly, what evidence is there that it proved a significant factor in the tragedy?

This one goes up to 11.

OK, I'll stop now but, seriously Mike, I don't think you're going to get anywhere.

Closed minds.

This one goes up to 11.

OK, I'll stop now but, seriously Mike, I don't think you're going to get anywhere.

Closed minds.

I just keep hoping that somebody will read the stuff I ask them to. I continue to hope that will be the posters I am debating with. If they do and find nothing to change their minds then so be it, I can ask no more. Hopefully others who just read the thread will find something of value.

Do you mind if I ask where you were in the ground on that day, and how you came by your ticket please?

Sorry for the delay in replying.

I entered the ground via Leppings Lane. I was part of a party of about 20 who were guests of a Financial Services Company the name of which I cannot remember.

For your information we were seated to the left of the Kop about three quarters of the length of the stadium from Leppings Lane end.

Only started it with a view to comparing a police officers forged signature /handwriting against any publicly released documents which might be signed in the same handwriting.

In an ideal world the police would be conducting that investigation as to why a serving officer would feel the need to forge his or her signature on an internal document and or refuse to reveal his or her identity but hey ho

When i couldnt get a competent window cleaner i cleaned the windows myself so it follows that when i cant find a competent CID officer i will investigate for myself..........as indeed the Hillsborough families have been required to do.

Dont get me wrong i think police in S Yorks is a great idea and one we should all aspire to and support.

• 2 months later...

REMINDER: Hillsborough: How They Buried The Truth on BBC1, Panorama at 9 o'clock tonight.

"How police, politicians, lawyers and judges played a part in hiding the truth about the Hillsborough disaster in which 96 people lost their lives."