Hillsborough document release

Hemibr

Whoever you are, whatever your upbringing or sporting allegiance, watch this, watch it and hope for your own and your children's sake justice eventually prevails. It's a stain on our society, a cover up so huge you can't fathom it. Just imagine, just take a second out of your life and put yourself in the head of the families, told time after time their children/parents/friends were responsible.

Imagine knowing your child could've been saved were it not for a the sheer inept attitude of the emergency services.

Kevin Williams called out for his Mum whilst he was being assisted but she was told he was dead before 3:15. So truly heartbreaking yet it angers me to the very core. Just take that on board, knowing your child called out for you.

Still to this day, those responsible do all they can to avoid accountability. Still to this day the ignorant use it to argue football allegiances or troll a forum. You should be ashamed, I've seen you on here, so unbelievably ill-informed, you know who you are. You sicken me, you're part of the injustice, the lie that has tormented those who lost loved ones.

Edited by wibbles

Just watched Panorama about Hillsborough.

Very good layout of the facts of the tragedy, but there was nothing new that's not been gone over many times before.

All the organisations made mistakes.

The police ordered the gates to be opened because of the crush developing outside. Imagine what would have been said if they hadn't opened the gate and people had died outside.

The door into the tunnel leading to the central pen should have been closed as that pen was full. There was still room in the side pens.

The gates from the terraces to the pitch should have been opened.

Only 3 ambulances were allowed into the ground.

There was delay in recognising a major crisis was happening.

They showed the archive of documents and statements in the Town Hall.

32 million sheets of paper.

With all due respect to the Liverpool famillies fighting for another review, there really is nothing more to be said.

This tragedy from 25 years ago has taken over their lives, but they have to now put it behind them and move on.

With all due respect to the Liverpool famillies fighting for another review, there really is nothing more to be said.

This tragedy from 25 years ago has taken over their lives, but they have to now put it behind them and move on.

Dick Son of Dock Green, maybe?

It's the families that have been bereaved, woefully wronged and lied to all these years. I think we should let them decide.

I haven't watched the programme yet, I'm going to watch it later. I'll be along later to comment, unless those who'd rather the truth stayed buried sabotage the thread first.

Edited by Mr Bloom

Just watched Panorama about Hillsborough.

Very good layout of the facts of the tragedy, but there was nothing new that's not been gone over many times before.

All the organisations made mistakes.

The police ordered the gates to be opened because of the crush developing outside. Imagine what would have been said if they hadn't opened the gate and people had died outside.

The door into the tunnel leading to the central pen should have been closed as that pen was full. There was still room in the side pens.

The gates from the terraces to the pitch should have been opened.

Only 3 ambulances were allowed into the ground.

There was delay in recognising a major crisis was happening.

They showed the archive of documents and statements in the Town Hall.

32 million sheets of paper.

Why on earth would the families choose to move on now when there are two significant ongoing investigations and fresh inquests on the horizon?

Did they mention the liverpool fans still boozing in Stocksbridge at ten to three?

No, but they mentioned that the police had used the excuse of drunkenness as part of the cover up, and that alcohol blood level tests had been conducted even on children.

I dont see, from the information stated in this film where a criminal court would convict anyone.

Certainly there was incompetence by the Police and the amulance service, bad decisions were made.

The way statements were prepared was undesireable and open to critiscism, I just dont see criminality. If so, what crimes have been committed? Where is the evidence?

I dont see, from the information stated in this film where a criminal court would convict anyone.

Certainly there was incompetence by the Police and the amulance service, bad decisions were made.

The way statements were prepared was undesireable and open to critiscism, I just dont see criminality. If so, what crimes have been committed? Where is the evidence?

Unlawful killing? Criminal negligence? Conspiracy to pervert the course of justice? Slander?