Hillsborough document release

Hemibr

I wonder if they'll have to re-write history on this one too.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/may/29/newsid_2733000/2733979.stm

1985: Fans die in Heysel rioting

Thirty-nine Juventus football fans have died during rioting at the European Cup Final in Brussels.

The tragedy occured when a wall collapsed in the stadium and crushed Juventus fans as they tried to escape Liverpool supporters.

The two sets of supporters had spent the day drinking in the Belgian city and had arrived at the Heysel stadium waving flags and chanting.

But shortly before kick off the atmosphere turned violent and Liverpool supporters stampeded through a thin line of police towards the rival fans.

As the Juventus fans retreated a wall collapsed under the pressure and fans were crushed and trampled to death in the panic.

Police at the scene were unable to contain the violence and riot police were called in to calm the situation.

Edited by Dingus

And to back this up:

Tributes left for a dead chicken

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/merseyside/4372230.stm

Wow. Proper irony for once!

Rather than answer a very simple question I asked you, you have, instead, chosen to embark on a mini-crusade to discredit scousers in general - perfectly mimicking the actions of those in the news today!

Gobsmacking, of course, and it prompts me to wonder if you are a former employee of SYP.

I am even more ashamed of the comments made by 'call me Al' - I hope that Sheffield Forum removes his comments - not only are they completely foul and tasteless - they sully those who died

The fans that died are not to blame in any way shape or form, it was the mixture of police failure and drunken rowdiness behind them.

I am ashamed enough at the moment to hear what the Hillsboro' report is stating regarding the police coverup and also to think a Sheffield MP was involved in the process of feeding lies to the families of those who died (and to the general public) makes the situation much worse for the City.

I am even more ashamed of the comments made by 'call me Al' - I hope that Sheffield Forum removes his comments - not only are they completely foul and tasteless - they sully those who died

Are you also ashamed of the Liverpool police officers who said the same?

Rather than answer a very simple question I asked you' date=' [b']you have, instead, chosen to embark on a mini-crusade to discredit scousers in general [/b]- perfectly mimicking the actions of those in the news today!

Yeah right, I hate them. That's why I live in a area with them. That's why I'm married to one and have one as a daughter.

My subsequent posts have made my position completely clear, I suggest you read them.

Incidentally, no I'm not nor was ever a copper. My criminal record prevents that :)

Can we honestly say there were no drunken or ticketless fans? We seem to be taking this latest report at face value as gospel but at the same time dismissing earlier reports?

From the report

"72. There was no evidence to support the proposition that alcohol played any part

in the genesis of the disaster and it is regrettable that those in positions of

responsibility created and promoted a portrayal of drunkenness as contributing to

the occurrence of the disaster and the ensuing loss of life without substantiating

evidence."

As this report had access to the full range of evidence, including what was not available to previous reports, I'd take its conclusions over any hearsay.

True, but are'nt people trying to make out that there were no drunk and rowdy Liverpool fans turning up at the ground late trying to get in?

I think the words used were "no more than normal at such a football match"

I have not seen it claimed that there were none present.