Hillsborough document release

Hemibr

Well if there was a high percentage inside the ground, looking at the footage outside the ground 15 mins before the ko , there looked to be thousands.You didnt really answer the points I put though, re turnstiles , same ones as far as I know for many years.As I said if you have a lot of people arriving at the ground late and the worse for drink it is hard to police. As a Merseyside mounted police officer said in a statement Quote" it was the worst crowd he had policed in 30 years working at football matches. I dont believe his statement was ever used and like many more was deemed irrelevant

Have you ever been to an away game? As a supporter??

It's always been the same following big clubs with big crowds and it still is. The police failed to manage the situation, that's it!! Yes there were late fans and drunk ones but at the end of the day the police shoul have dealt with it as they have done before and since.

Anyone else as horrified as I was after watching the Hillsborough programme? If what was said about the SY police, 'retired on health grounds' or not, these people shoud be brought to book. To use that old chestnut is a disgrace. Well done the BBC for screening this. I wept for the people they spoke too.

Have you ever been to an away game? As a supporter??

It's always been the same following big clubs with big crowds and it still is. The police failed to manage the situation, that's it!! Yes there were late fans and drunk ones but at the end of the day the police shoul have dealt with it as they have done before and since.

yes hundreds of gamesj with SWFC ,FA cup finals ,Semi Finals , but have never experienced large numbers of ticketless fans at those games. All you need is 10 ticketless fans at the front of the crowd and the rest of the fans are going nowwhere.And that is a fact I did say BTW that the police did make huge mistakes

The main thing to come out of this or any other inquiry will be the fact that is any blame is to be apportioned, the "authorities" will band together and put it on the shoulders of the lower downs.

Sheffield police have been a law unto themselves for many years.

yes hundreds of gamesj with SWFC ,FA cup finals ,Semi Finals , but have never experienced large numbers of ticketless fans at those games. All you need is 10 ticketless fans at the front of the crowd and the rest of the fans are going nowwhere.And that is a fact I did say BTW that the police did make huge mistakes

The total number of fans that entered the Lepp that day, via turnstiles and the open gate was nigh on exactly the figure or the terrace capacity, around 10,100. That kind of blows away the myth of large numbers of ticketless fans.

Anyone else as horrified as I was after watching the Hillsborough programme? If what was said about the SY police, 'retired on health grounds' or not, these people shoud be brought to book. To use that old chestnut is a disgrace. Well done the BBC for screening this. I wept for the people they spoke too.

Unfortunately I missed it, will catch it on the iplayer - it doesn't surprise me that those who should be held accountable are doing very nicely on a fat pension :mad:

More recent comments from others that saw the Panorama programme on this thread.http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1050732&page=68

The total number of fans that entered the Lepp that day, via turnstiles and the open gate was nigh on exactly the figure or the terrace capacity, around 10,100. That kind of blows away the myth of large numbers of ticketless fans.

Maybe they never entered the ground and that was the problem outside just saying