Hillsborough document release

Hemibr

I don't deny that. However if you listen to the Liverpool version of events, there wasn't a single fan who had been drinking that day.

Where is this 'Liverpool version of events' you refer to recorded? Because I've never heard a Liverpool supporter say that 'there wasn't a single fan who had been drinking that day'. Indeed the Taylor report acknowledges fans had been drinking but no more than expected or usual for a semi-final game on a sunny day and that alcohol played no part in causing the disaster.

There are drunken fans at every match derek. Try again.

There are.

It is also true that the ground was poorly designed.

It is also true that the police didn't do their job properly.

It is also true that the behaviour of some of the Liverpool fans contributed to the awful events.

It is time that the contributions of all parties was properly and dispassionately evaluated. So far, because of the entrenched positions of SYP and the J96 group, that hasn't been possible.

It took less time to sort out Apartheid than it has to sort out Hillsborough. That is shameful.

On this occasion hundreds of them without tickets and very drunk

If Liverpool fans want to point blame! Remind them of Heysel stadium disaster

You'll learn a lot about Heysel from simply reading wikipedia. It makes interesting reading.

---------- Post added 05-02-2014 at 23:31 ----------

There are.

It is also true that the ground was poorly designed.

It is also true that the police didn't do their job properly.

The Taylor report agrees with you.

Edited by Mr Bloom

this thread repeatedly proves how gullible people are in the face of government orchestrated propaganda. People not even born at the time, adamant that the fans were drunk and guilty. By that calculation, virtually every fan who sets foot in a stadium deserves to be caught up in this sort of mess

But we know that isn't true, so why try to claim that is the case for this match?

this thread repeatedly proves how gullible people are in the face of government orchestrated propaganda. People not even born at the time, adamant that the fans were drunk and guilty. By that calculation, virtually every fan who sets foot in a stadium deserves to be caught up in this sort of mess

But we know that isn't true, so why try to claim that is the case for this match?

i witness lots drunken fans, even got caught up in the mob

Anyone with an infinite budget and resources who allowed drunken fans in those sorts of numbers so as to be life threatening be that inside or outside the ground isnt very good at policemanship.

Its not much of an argument to say its preferable to have party goers die in your living room as opposed to on your garden because you thought it best to open your front door.

The mere fact these drunks got anywhere near the venue tells me all i need to know about Duckinfield. Factor this into the preceeding crush incidents with the penning fences then my opinion of him lowers even more.

Factor this in with Orgreave and you form a picture that there are certain "types" of crowd which attracted a certain "type" of policeing.

Luckily the bent cop at Westminster re the cycling offence has been caught lying about the MP in a somewhat better time scale than the 30 years document release revealing police lies over Orgreave.

If you are suirprised at drunken fans then there is a big shock coming your way about Santa Clause.

The government has decided that a line will be drawn under this tragedy, several organisations will be held responsible, compensation will be paid and the Justice campaign will be seen to have achieved what it wanted.

The organisations concerned will defend themselves, that's the nature of things, that's how it is done, some things may or may not be said that some people don't like !

Hillsborough was a tragedy waiting to happen, I have been in and witnessed near misses in similar situations back in the day, that's how it was ..... the fans, the policing, the grounds, the culture. Sadly no amount of finger pointing or recompense will bring back those 96 people.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, and there are many comments about this tragedy made by people, based on their sorrow and compassion rather than their knowledge, you can read up as much as you like and form an opinion but many have never stood on packed terraces or have any experience of how it was at football matches back then .... IMHO !

The government has decided that a line will be drawn under this tragedy, several organisations will be held responsible, compensation will be paid and the Justice campaign will be seen to have achieved what it wanted.

The organisations concerned will defend themselves, that's the nature of things, that's how it is done, some things may or may not be said that some people don't like !

Hillsborough was a tragedy waiting to happen, I have been in and witnessed near misses in similar situations back in the day, that's how it was ..... the fans, the policing, the grounds, the culture. Sadly no amount of finger pointing or recompense will bring back those 96 people.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, and there are many comments about this tragedy made by people, based on their sorrow and compassion rather than their knowledge, you can read up as much as you like and form an opinion but many have never stood on packed terraces or have any experience of how it was at football matches back then .... IMHO !

I personally feel a lot safer now stadia are all seats.

Edited by Mr Bloom