Hillsborough document release

Hemibr

In pre inquest hearings the police solicitors have suggested that alcohol played a part in the events of that day. Even though they state that the victims were not suspected to be under the influence, only that other drunken fans may have been involved, the reaction from Liverpool has been predictable howls of outrage. I hope the inquest takes evidence from the residents of Hillsborough and the surrounding areas who witnessed drunken Liverpool fans leaving pubs as late as ten to three. There are people walking round Liverpool with these deaths on their conscience and I just wish that, for once, the Hillsborough campaign would acknowledge that fact.
I totally agree.

• 1 month later...
13 SYP officers to be questioned under caution - does this mean they are still serving?

Why are the inquests being held in Warrington? Is that a national centre?

Because it will be bias, the scapegoating is about to begin

The government has decided that a line will be drawn under this tragedy, several organisations will be held responsible, compensation will be paid and the Justice campaign will be seen to have achieved what it wanted.

The organisations concerned will defend themselves, that's the nature of things, that's how it is done, some things may or may not be said that some people don't like !

Hillsborough was a tragedy waiting to happen, I have been in and witnessed near misses in similar situations back in the day, that's how it was ..... the fans, the policing, the grounds, the culture. Sadly no amount of finger pointing or recompense will bring back those 96 people.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, and there are many comments about this tragedy made by people, based on their sorrow and compassion rather than their knowledge, you can read up as much as you like and form an opinion but many have never stood on packed terraces or have any experience of how it was at football matches back then .... IMHO !

I think that there are two points to the trial, partly people want to get to the bottom of the truth, but it's also worth remembering that the trial will aim to find out if evidence was withheld and tempered with, and if the defendants actions broke the law by withholding and tampering with this evidence.

I can understand the families not wanting to have the inquests in Sheffield and I wonder if it is out of respect for their wishes.

Edited by Mr Bloom

In my opinion the truth will never come out.It is up to all the individuals who caused this to come and be counted.The police are an easy target and they have an unlimited compensation bag.

In my opinion the truth will never come out.It is up to all the individuals who caused this to come and be counted.The police are an easy target and they have an unlimited compensation bag.

Are we now going to have a new inquest into the Heysel Stadium tragedy?

Are we now going to have a new inquest into the Heysel Stadium tragedy?

The inquest would be held in the country the fans died and also on their home nation. I dont believe it was in The UK or the victims were british?

I am unaware that ebidence came to light about a cover up over Heysel either unless you know better?

---------- Post added 01-04-2014 at 15:08 ----------

I think that there are two points to the trial, partly people want to get to the bottom of the truth, but it's also worth remembering that the trial will aim to find out if evidence was withheld and tempered with, and if the defendants actions broke the law by withholding and tampering with this evidence.

It's not a trial is is an inquest.