Hillsborough document release

Hemibr

13 SYP officers to be questioned under caution - does this mean they are still serving?

Why are the inquests being held in Warrington? Is that a national centre?

Some of them are and some not. Wait for any prosecutions that may follow. Being questioned under caution shouldn't be taken as a sign of guilt, just they are being questioned as connected with the event. One thing that isnt raised often enough is that many of the rank and file police officers and constables performed admirably and were let down by senior management.

The Inquest is being held in Warrington after a long deabte about where to hold it. The Families didnt wnat the Inqyest in Sheffield because the Coroner messed up last time and reached several wrong conclusions. There was much debate last year about whether to hold the Inquest at the Hig Court for maximum publicity, but after consulting the families and thinking of logistics, then Warrington was chosen because it would allow the familes to attend more easily due to traveling distance. Warrington is also the place where the IPCC investigation into the incident is based.

Edited by 999tigger

The inquest would be held in the country the fans died and also on their home nation. I dont believe it was in The UK or the victims were british?

It's not a trial is is an inquest.

If I remember correctly there was one guy form Northern Ireland who died.

There are.

It is also true that the ground was poorly designed.

It is also true that the police didn't do their job properly.

It is also true that the behaviour of some of the Liverpool fans contributed to the awful events.

It is time that the contributions of all parties was properly and dispassionately evaluated. So far, because of the entrenched positions of SYP and the J96 group, that hasn't been possible.

It took less time to sort out Apartheid than it has to sort out Hillsborough. That is shameful.

I think you'll find Nelson Mandela was in prison for 27 years which wasn't even the entire apartheid period. Hillsborough happened less than 25 years ago.

---------- Post added 01-04-2014 at 15:30 ----------

If I remember correctly there was one guy form Northern Ireland who died.

Northern Ireland is in this country.

The Inquest is being held in Warrington after a long deabte about where to hold it. The Families didnt wnat the Inqyest in Sheffield because the Coroner messed up last time and reached several wrong conclusions. There was much debate last year about whether to hold the Inquest at the Hig Court for maximum publicity, but after consulting the families and thinking of logistics, then Warrington was chosen because it would allow the familes to attend more easily due to traveling distance. Warrington is also the place where the IPCC investigation into the incident is based.

Thank you for your informed reply. That's helpful.

Some of them are and some not. Wait for any prosecutions that may follow. Being questioned under caution shouldn't be taken as a sign of guilt, just they are being questioned as connected with the event. One thing that isnt raised often enough is that many of the rank and file police officers and constables performed admirably and were let down by senior management.

Absolutely. I wish this was acknowledged more often. It's not as 'black and white' as some people believe.

In pre inquest hearings the police solicitors have suggested that alcohol played a part in the events of that day. Even though they state that the victims were not suspected to be under the influence, only that other drunken fans may have been involved, the reaction from Liverpool has been predictable howls of outrage. I hope the inquest takes evidence from the residents of Hillsborough and the surrounding areas who witnessed drunken Liverpool fans leaving pubs as late as ten to three. There are people walking round Liverpool with these deaths on their conscience and I just wish that, for once, the Hillsborough campaign would acknowledge that fact.

Totally agree. It doesn't appear that the locals of Hillsborough were asked what they thought about the behaviour of many of the Liverpool supporters on that terrible day.

That coupled with Kenny Dalgish encouraging Liverpool fans to go to Sheffield even if they didn't have a ticket. I'm very surprised this hasn't been highlighted.

Totally agree. It doesn't appear that the locals of Hillsborough were asked what they thought about the behaviour of many of the Liverpool supporters on that terrible day.

That coupled with Kenny Dalgish encouraging Liverpool fans to go to Sheffield even if they didn't have a ticket. I'm very surprised this hasn't been highlighted.

Whose job was it to police the behaviour of the fans?

Edited by Mr Bloom

I get the feeling that there is more of a witch hun out for the police now. What certain officers have done by covering things up is scandalous. They were also negligent and woefully inadequate in crowd control techniques. People forget at the time the reason why fencing was up was becayse of the general problem of football hooliganism that had made it neccessary.

I do think the level of blame will swing too far one way and other people who played a part in being difficult to handle will escape any criticism whatsoever. There were many officers and Sheffielders who helped as best they could on the day.

I will be glad when the Inquest and prosecutions are over, so everyone can move on (although I expect if you lossed a loved one that day you never really get over it).