Hillsborough document release

Hemibr

Unfortunately, Liverpool FC's fans bad reputation(deserved or not) preceded them which is why the police policed the game in the way that they did.

Do you understand that this is an Inquest? Do you know what the function of an Inquest is?

The pen portraits are being allowed to give an identity to the jury of each of the victims. They can bear this in mind when considering other evidence which might suggest X Y or Z and consider whether the two are consistent. It will aslo help the jury on deciding which verdict to reach. Finally as it's seen the relaives were unfairly treated from the original inquest its an opportunuty for them to have their say at the beginning of the proceedings. its importnat that when all this is over it isnt opened up again and everyone can move on. Jusice needs to be done and at this stage it means the new Inquest must avoid the defects of the one held in 1991.

What a load of rubbish.This is an inquest(and yes i do know what an inquest is)where they were told to disregard any previous procedings.Why should the relatives have their say if they were not there,it will be all heresay on their part.Plus what the lifestyle of the victims has got to do with finding the truth is beyond me.

---------- Post added 04-04-2014 at 16:33 ----------

Very interesting but to my knowledge and I have followed this closely, nobody has pointed any blame, or accused of hooliganism any of those poor people who lost their life.

What was the point of family members describing the people who died. What has that got to do with the reasons for their deaths.

Are you Scouse, out of interest.

No, Sheffield.

What a load of rubbish.This is an inquest(and yes i do know what an inquest is)where they were told to disregard any previous procedings.Why should the relatives have their say if they were not there,it will be all heresay on their part.Plus what the lifestyle of the victims has got to do with finding the truth is beyond me.

No, Sheffield.

I think youvve just shown your lack of understanding of the procedure. Pointless explaining things to you. Perhaps you wnat to tell Lord Justice Goldring that he is doing it all wrong and that you know how to run an inquest.

Edited by 999tigger

I think youvve just shown your lack of understanding of the procedure. Pointless explaining things to you. Perhaps you wnat to tell Lord Justice Goldring that he is doing it all wrong and that you know how to run an inquest.

Your sarcasm has just won me the point.thank you.

Your sarcasm has just won me the point.thank you.

Not really you manage to make points and rely on ideas that show a lack of understanding of the procedures. I'd explain things to you, but you know best, even better than the coroner it seems.

No, Sheffield.

I wasn't directing that at you, I agree with your points. Bloom is it, Scoucers are all over forums such as with views such as his.

I wasn't directing that at you, I agree with your points. Bloom is it, Scoucers are all over forums such as with views such as his.

So according to you the pen portraits serve no purpose or prejudiced the inquest and should not have been allowed? Care to elaborate on how they should be running the inquest? Feel free to consult with Kiddory as you are both of the same opinion.