Hillsborough document release

Hemibr

I've no feelings either way for Dukinfield, and although he claims in hindsight he wasn't up to the job, I wonder if anyone was, considering the situation?

Were the gates forced like he claimed, or is this another lie? Are any fans going to admit forcing the gates?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-31623413

Duckinfield today admitted opening the gates and admitted having lied that the gates were forced by fans. The link you provided says;

"A former FA chief executive was told by Hillsborough match commander Ch Supt David Duckenfield that "a gate or gates had been forced", a jury has been told. "

Duckinfield admitted today that had been a lie.

Why do you keep lying about the whole thing?

Duckinfield today admitted opening the gates and admitted having lied that the gates were forced by fans. The link you provided says;

"A former FA chief executive was told by Hillsborough match commander Ch Supt David Duckenfield that "a gate or gates had been forced", a jury has been told. "

Duckinfield admitted today that had been a lie.

Why do you keep lying about the whole thing?

So you can retire on a full pension instead of doing time in one of her Maj's jails would be my guess.

Angel1.

---------- Post added 11-03-2015 at 21:51 ----------

FROM THE HORSES, MOUTH! TODAY!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-31821211

DUCKENFIELD ADMITS GIVING ORDER TO OPEN GATE - FANS DID NOT FORCE GATE, OK? IS THAT GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU?

Apologies to innocent bystanders for the caps - I do know it is shouting and not good etiquette BUT some people don't seem to hear normally, they have a problem.

I view perpetuating lies about these victims, such as this, in spite of the truth being made public for some time now, on a par with holocaust denial it is such a loathsome act.

If you wish to retain the image of having a shred of human decency, alchesearch, I would suggest that you remove the lie you refer to above.

Unfortunately, I did follow the wordpress link and read it, and it is not merely disrespectful of the victims, it is disgusting.

I suppose for modern day commentators, wishing to see how the Hillsborough Families still have to endure the suffering of the ignorant, on top of their grief and frustrations, then you've given us a good example.

A good post. It's impossible to defend the un - defendable, especially when they admit to the crime, albeit decades too late.

Angel1.

Well im pretty sure if i had been in duckinfields position that i would have also ordered the gates to be open,if he hadnt then then how many people would have died outside,obviously if he had known the outcome then im sure he wouldnt have done so.

Well im pretty sure if i had been in duckinfields position that i would have also ordered the gates to be open,if he hadnt then then how many people would have died outside,obviously if he had known the outcome then im sure he wouldnt have done so.

Of course, the gates decision proved to be a disastrous one.

Edited by Mr Bloom

Guest sibon
Of course, the gates decision proved to be a disastrous one. However, no one knows how many could have been killed outside the ground, if they had not been opened (one would think not as many as 93). Duckenfield, at this stage, was caught between a rock and a hard place, unfortunately, as neglect in managing the crowd up to this point had escalated to an unsalvageable situation.

There is also the existence of that unforgiving pen to consider. It wasn't just the build up of the crowd, but where they went to. The Lep has space for plenty of people, but the design guided them all to the same, small space. No stewards, or police tried to alter that.

I had the misfortune of almost ending up in the pen a couple of years earlier. I turned round, went round the back of the stand and stood under the scoreboard.

How anyone could design a sporting arena like that is beyond me. That video of the fans exiting the tunnel into the pen is heartbreaking.

There is also the existence of that unforgiving pen to consider. It wasn't just the build up of the crowd, but where they went to. The Lep has space for plenty of people, but the design guided them all to the same, small space. No stewards, or police tried to alter that.

I had the misfortune of almost ending up in the pen a couple of years earlier. I turned round, went round the back of the stand and stood under the scoreboard.

How anyone could design a sporting arena like that is beyond me. That video of the fans exiting the tunnel into the pen is heartbreaking.

'managing' the crowd, encompasses a whole heap of stuff.

Edited by Mr Bloom

Well im pretty sure if i had been in duckinfields position.....

Duckinfield on the day and you or anyone in that position should have had the experience and training in dealing with a large crowd. He didn't though and that's why he screwed up.

---------- Post added 12-03-2015 at 08:39 ----------

Of course, the gates decision proved to be a disastrous one. However, no one knows how many could have been killed outside the ground, if they had not been opened.....

There should have been coppers and stewards outside the ground dealing with the crowd. The kick-off should have been put back and an announcement made accordingly. The crush outside was known about well before kick-off.

Duckinfield's incompetence ensured neither of those things happened.