Hillsborough document release

Hemibr

Everything that seems to be talked about are the reasons why a tragedy was not stopped, and no-one seems to discuss the root cause - an irresistable force meeting an imoveable object.

The Liverpool fans entering the ground met the fencing.

The main thing that caused the tragedy was the fencing, and many football fans in the 70's and 80's bear responsibility for that.

Everything that seems to be talked about are the reasons why a tragedy was not stopped, and no-one seems to discuss the root cause - an irresistable force meeting an imoveable object.

The Liverpool fans entering the ground met the fencing.

The main thing that caused the tragedy was the fencing, and many football fans in the 70's and 80's bear responsibility for that.

The fencing of course played a part, I don't think anyone is saying any different. It was put there in response though, to a small minority of people parading as fans of the game, who used the occasions to run amok. It was never a satisfactory response to hooliganism and thuggery, as it suddenly punished all fans, not just the idiots causing the trouble.

It will be interesting to see what else comes out now, after this amazing admission.

The next "smoking gun" accusation was drunken / ticketless Liverpool fans. Will he now admit he made this up?

---------- Post added 12-03-2015 at 10:21 ----------

FROM THE HORSES, MOUTH! TODAY!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-31821211

DUCKENFIELD ADMITS GIVING ORDER TO OPEN GATE - FANS DID NOT FORCE GATE, OK? IS THAT GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU?

Apologies to innocent bystanders for the caps - I do know it is shouting and not good etiquette BUT some people don't seem to hear normally, they have a problem.

I view perpetuating lies about these victims, such as this, in spite of the truth being made public for some time now, on a par with holocaust denial it is such a loathsome act.

If you wish to retain the image of having a shred of human decency, alchesearch, I would suggest that you remove the lie you refer to above.

Unfortunately, I did follow the wordpress link and read it, and it is not merely disrespectful of the victims, it is disgusting.

I suppose for modern day commentators, wishing to see how the Hillsborough Families still have to endure the suffering of the ignorant, on top of their grief and frustrations, then you've given us a good example.

You need to calm down a little. My post was made before Dukinfield's admission. I like to search out ALL sources of material before making my judgement. I'd be interested in seeing these alleged videos of fans forcing a gate that the author of the article claims to have seen.

Yes, the poor people who turned up on time and with tickets suffered in this tragedy, but I'd like to know if there were hordes of drunk and / or ticketless fans. And if they were, they need to shoulder some of the blame, or are they to be quietly airbrushed out of this enquiry?

Edited by alchresearch

Not the same thing and you know it. If they were then why was there a big media frenzy about it yesterday?

Are you for real?

Yes, the poor people who turned up on time and with tickets suffered in this tragedy, but I'd like to know if there were hordes of drunk and / or ticketless fans. And if they were, they need to shoulder some of the blame, or are they to be quietly airbrushed out of this enquiry?

I refer you to the Taylor Report, above for starters, from 1989.

Edited by Mr Bloom

I wonder why you didn't respond to these posts also:

Actually, I did.

---------- Post added 13-03-2015 at 02:45 ----------

[/color]

I think that Duckenfield has done today, what he should have done many years ago and admitted that he wasn't up to the job.

There's a bit more to come, about his subsequent promotions and the police cover up, which might tell us more about him.

I accept that others appointed him, but he took the job. He didn't do it properly and 96 people are dead because of that. He has to shoulder a large proportion of the blame.

You can't carry on blaming superiors, unless you consider The Blessed Margaret, or Douglas Hurd to be responsible.

Yes.

Edited by Mr Bloom